Netflix US DNS/VPN - does anybody's still work?

Found 26th Mar 2016
For the past few weeks, Netflix has stopped me using:

adfreetime (2 us $ per month)

hola (free but some say dodgy)

some random internet dns codes (potential dodgy put only used on a tv)

I have cancelled adfreetime and looking for best value and working replacement.

Getflix seems on top of it.
Unlocator facebook suggests mixed results
uflix suggests custom firmware needed on a new router

Getflix also has a vpn option

Many suggest blocking access to google dns which I have done before on an old router to get chromecast to work.

But most places have not changed their home pages only you see feedback on twitter and facebook.

So I don't know who is working who is not.

As I used to pay $2 US I am looking for cheap option (as need two accounts for me and my son) that also has premierleaguepass.

Feedback much appreciated!
Community Updates
AskNetflix
21 Comments
I use liquidvpn to run an nbc sports account. Think it's about £3 a month. Never tried it on Netflix as I just use a Plex server which is also £3 a month and has much more than Netflix.
Smartdns still works.
I used to use unblock.us...not sure if it still works, but they do a 30 day free trial so nothing to lose if it doesnt work
Original Poster
googleboogle

Smartdns still works.

​thanks. is that just using dns or did you have to do any port forwarding on your router? they seem to be talking about that today.

mobile.twitter.com/sma…-gb
Original Poster
just tried trial of uflix (£1.50 per month) and straight dns doesn't work. they have a vpn option but less flexible. have been blocking google dns on my router but no joy...
Original Poster
uflix working via theie vpn software on pc. si presume android would work. no use for ex wife who just uses samsung tv though.
Original Poster
uflix didn't work android via dns. did using vpn but had to turn vpn off before selecting show as otherwise too slow. turn vpn on after pressing play. not exactly grandma proof.

ps3 failed.
Original Poster
weird. works on my hudl with openvpn but didn't on my note 2 phone... this suggests might work on routed firestick!
It can be possible, if you use one single IP or Get a VPN with dedicated IP. Netflix detects you when you use to connect with several different IPs. It is also mentioned in Lifehacker article lifehacker.com.au/201…ss/
use a. us socks 5 proxy
I am having this same issue. Have been for the last 2-3 weeks, used more DNS codes and Proxy apps in these few weeks than I have my entire life! Incredibly frustrating. Anyone suggest how to do the above? Or any other working sites? Thanks in advance!
I've using smartdnsproxy.com for almost 7 months now, and it has been very reliable.
they offer 7 days trial, just don't subscribe immediately after the trial has expired as they will almost definitely email you later offering you sort of a discount.
Original Poster
brhooma

I've using smartdnsproxy.com for almost 7 months now, and it has been … I've using smartdnsproxy.com for almost 7 months now, and it has been very reliable.they offer 7 days trial, just don't subscribe immediately after the trial has expired as they will almost definitely email you later offering you sort of a discount.

​Thanks! might try them next. getflix seem a bit cheaper particularly as 25pc discount for 2nd subscriber. but interesting to see smartdns might give a discount!

in the meantime using play later to record bobs burgers during my trial! recommend that!
Original Poster
Bhav007

I am having this same issue. Have been for the last 2-3 weeks, used more … I am having this same issue. Have been for the last 2-3 weeks, used more DNS codes and Proxy apps in these few weeks than I have my entire life! Incredibly frustrating. Anyone suggest how to do the above? Or any other working sites? Thanks in advance!

​I only got uflix to work using the vpn. Quite good on android tablet and windows (though a bit of hassle on my note 2 phone). Smartdns might work purely on dns as next post says.... fingers crossed!
hola has never not worked for me since it first came out. dont let the scaremongering articles get you down!
unblock us supplies you with dns codes, 1 week free, and then £3($5) a month. Check it out.
arjanvirdi

unblock us supplies you with dns codes, 1 week free, and then £3($5) a … unblock us supplies you with dns codes, 1 week free, and then £3($5) a month. Check it out.

It doesn't work though. Stopped working for me 2 weeks ago for Canadian/US/French/Mexican Netflix.
Bhav007

It doesn't work though. Stopped working for me 2 weeks ago for … It doesn't work though. Stopped working for me 2 weeks ago for Canadian/US/French/Mexican Netflix.

Did you try going on the unblock us website while on the same internet you're trying to access netflix from, and click update server or something like that?
Thats what usually fixes it for me
Original Poster
cache

hola has never not worked for me since it first came out. dont let the … hola has never not worked for me since it first came out. dont let the scaremongering articles get you down!

Hola stopped working for me a few weeks ago. Can you confirm if still working for you? Thanks!
It was working yesterday, not working today, they update the proxies when they stop working IIRC
Original Poster
i haven't had hola working for a few weeks same as when adfreetime went down. didn't work today
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants