Netflix, which plan for use on iPad

Found 27th Apr
Hi

Need to downgrade my Netflix membership, as I won’t have access to 4K TV for a while, and mainly be using iPad

Would the (latest version) iPad benefit from the HD? Package?

Thanks
Community Updates
6 Comments
Which IPad? If it's a newer one it should support 1080p so it will benefit over 720p
Edited by: "Norseg" 27th Apr
I’d drop it to the cheapest, you are watching it on a tiny screen it’s hardly going to be a cinematic experience even in HD.
Norseg1 h, 11 m ago

Which IPad? If it's a newer one it should support 1080p so it will benefit …Which IPad? If it's a newer one it should support 1080p so it will benefit over 720p

It's not as simple as that, higher resolution streams will benefit lower resolution screens. Partly through the improvements from downscaling, partly because they tend to be higher quality to begin too.

What you'll notice is much more dependant on the size of your iPad and how far away you tend to have it when watching. How much of your field of view a screen fills is the biggest factor that determines how much picture detail you need and how obvious flaws are.
EndlessWaves59 m ago

It's not as simple as that, higher resolution streams will benefit lower …It's not as simple as that, higher resolution streams will benefit lower resolution screens. Partly through the improvements from downscaling, partly because they tend to be higher quality to begin too. What you'll notice is much more dependant on the size of your iPad and how far away you tend to have it when watching. How much of your field of view a screen fills is the biggest factor that determines how much picture detail you need and how obvious flaws are.

Yeah I know
No problems on my iPad. Picture quality good.
Share the premium subscription with 3 mates (£2.50 each per month)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants