Netflix, wuaki no smart TV

Found 28th May 2017
I have Netflix in bedroom on PS4 but want to use it on TV in lounge but it isn't a smart TV and I only have now TV boxes which don't support Netflix or wuaki. So I'm looking to buy a roku, Chromecast for fire stick. None of them stand out to me any recommendations ? Do u need to be signed up to Amazon to use the fire stick? Is the roku streaming stick the same as roku 3? Do I need to play Netflix on my phone to stream it to the TV through a device or do these devices work like now TV . Do they all support wuaki? Thanks for reading
Community Updates
6 Comments
NowTV boxes are crippled Roku boxes so will be familiar to you.
Amazon Fire not sure as I have a subscription.
Roku stick is closer to Roku 2.
Chromecast requires a phone etc to control it, all the others have their own remote controls.
Wuaki, yes on all.
Unless you have a Amazon sub the Roku is probably the best choice, but it is not Android unlike the Amazon Fire which you can with a bit of fiddling load Android apps.
Maybe add a standalone device to your shortlist that has greater flexibility, more features, better connectivity and notably improved performance, random example at circa £35 fulfilled Amazon amazon.co.uk/dp/…WO/
I'm a fan of the chromecast, but as has been said you do need a phone or tablet to pick what you want to play. But I haven't found this restrictive. But a roku box might suit you better if you are happy with how the now tv box works.
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help I'm not very good with tech sounds like the roku is the way forward ! 😁
Nvidia shield tv does everything for me. Never used wuaki though
nn196411

Thanks everyone for your help I'm not very good with tech sounds like the … Thanks everyone for your help I'm not very good with tech sounds like the roku is the way forward !

I find Netflix etc is better on consoles than chromecast smart TVs etc buy a PS3 Xbox 360 second hand ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants