Found 24th Jul 2009
I've been recommened by a BT broadband technician to get a netgear router as the black hub is rubbish.

I wondered which router people would recommened as being best, it needs to be wireless and cost no more than £50-60.

Thanks

8 Comments

I have the Netgear DG834G v2, its done me ok for about 2 years, probably pick it up for about £30 on fleabay.

Very minor downside is that when it gets too hot you are likely to lose connection, this has only happened to me 2 or 3 times in 2 years, and to fix it you just stick it in the fridge for about 20 mins to cool it :giggle:

not whilst all the cables are still plugged in though

Edit: Corrected model number

i hada few ones before my netgear one, cant fault it never need to bother with it works perfectly all the time.
i got the 108mbps one i think, i paid about £60 for it a year ago.
and its got a big funky blue light that you can turn on.

choclatepup;5835591

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/52244

yeah that'll be the one, trying to remember the model number from memory isn't one of my best ideas

" I've been recommened by a BT broadband technician to get a netgear router as the black hub is rubbish "

I am still laughing at that, BT telling you that their own hub is rubbish.

:-D

amazon.co.uk/Buf…8-2

buffalo get my vote, flashed with ddr-wt firmware it is very reliable and being high gain i can get a full signal everywhere in the house and back garden.

Banned

slightly more than your price range but quite worth the money
amazon.co.uk/Bel…e_2

and looks sexy as well

Banned

and the one i mentioned comes with lifetime warranty
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?810