Netlix issue - Why are some shows displayed in a purple and green tint

Posted 21st Apr
Some of the shows on Netflix play in a weird purple and green tint, it seems as though something is wrong with the way they are displayed on the tv. however when i switch back to watch a different show on netflix the color goes back to normal. i have checked my tv settings and all seems fine. ive tried it all ways possible with the display settings. however last week it went back to normal and im not sure what i did , seemed a fluke but now the issue has returned. it plays fine on my phone. im using a vpn with my friends login but dont think that matters...anyone seen this before?
how do i resolve?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Is it on all programs can you try one without HDR or Dolby vision?
Dannyrobbo21/04/2020 12:09

Is it on all programs can you try one without HDR or Dolby vision?

I'm not sure the problematic ones I think are dolby vision. sometimes I corrects itself when I turn the TV off from the mains and then on again. I've tried fiddling with the hsr and dolby settings tho
What tv is it
it's an HD 4k uhd one
deleted193929
Try a different HDMI cable?
Can you confirm if it is just Dolby vision maybe try breaking bad which is just 4k and see if that works okay
Can you try the same show on a different tv?

It may just be that is the colour grade the shows makers were going for. Alot of Netflix 4K shows go for heavy cinematic colours.
Dannyrobbo21/04/2020 12:33

Can you confirm if it is just Dolby vision maybe try breaking bad which is …Can you confirm if it is just Dolby vision maybe try breaking bad which is just 4k and see if that works okay

but why does it go back to normal when i shut off the tv at mains and turn it on
RYANdeals21/04/2020 13:00

Can you try the same show on a different tv?It may just be that is the …Can you try the same show on a different tv?It may just be that is the colour grade the shows makers were going for. Alot of Netflix 4K shows go for heavy cinematic colours.

its mostly on the newer shows like grace and frankier, tiger king and someobody feed phil...
sleepingwonder21/04/2020 14:34

but why does it go back to normal when i shut off the tv at mains and turn …but why does it go back to normal when i shut off the tv at mains and turn it on

It’s more than likely a tv issue then, if you’ve had a play about with the settings. Can you try something external like an Android or Apple TV. It’s more than likely just it switching over to hdr/Dolby vision because it does look different
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 21st Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions