Network Access 4 ... but no internet access

Found 12th AugEdited by:"Leftoutintherain"
Hi
I keep getting network access 4 , but can not access the internet , have swapped the Ethernet cable around on the router , turned router off and on , my understanding is it’s stuck on conflicting ip?
keep reading I can flush it Dchp ? Please Can anyone help .. would be much a
Tearing my hair out here lol
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Would be much appreciated I meant to ad
Not doing anything daft like running a different firewall with expired firewall software like Norton still installed ?
kester764 h, 26 m ago

Not doing anything daft like running a different firewall with expired …Not doing anything daft like running a different firewall with expired firewall software like Norton still installed ?

Nope had uninstalled Eset , as trial had run out and was going to get another trial then actually buy it
tried system restore but has not worked Googling has bought up some answers so may give them a whirl
Do you have only one network connection or multiple devices that are connecting ?
kester7613 h, 13 m ago

Do you have only one network connection or multiple devices that are …Do you have only one network connection or multiple devices that are connecting ?

Just the one device a desktop
Edited by: "Leftoutintherain" 14th Aug
Leftoutintherain11 m ago

Just the one device a desktop

I mean you can have several network connections from your pc. WiFi and several Ethernet connections, and these are given priorities, i.e. Ethernet beats wifi. Make sure you're not connected to two dhcp servers
kester7615 m ago

I mean you can have several network connections from your pc. WiFi and …I mean you can have several network connections from your pc. WiFi and several Ethernet connections, and these are given priorities, i.e. Ethernet beats wifi. Make sure you're not connected to two dhcp servers

Yeah it’s just the one Ethernet, it appears to be happening a lot looking at google
im hoping I’ve found a solut
Edited by: "Leftoutintherain" 14th Aug
Leftoutintherain2 h, 42 m ago

Yeah it’s just the one Ethernet, it appears to be happening a lot looking a …Yeah it’s just the one Ethernet, it appears to be happening a lot looking at googleim hoping I’ve found a solut

You definitely tried this with another machine and tried a live OS on the problem machine to rule out OS and motherboard issues.
It's difficult to solve a problem without any context. What are you trying to do with which systems and hardware and what's giving you the message?

If two devices on the same network are being assigned the same IP then you should be able to have one or both of them request a specific IP, or have the router assign them the same IP each time. The location of the settings will depend on the devices and router though.

Flushing it would just be a temporary fix for if you've recent added a new device to the network. If you keep getting the same issue you need to either allocate manually or find the root cause.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants