Groups

network link interrupted

Please can anyone help? My computer keeps coming up with network link interrupted and then I have to restart my computer.I am only a novice so can anyone help in plain english please

8 Comments

I think it might have something to do with loosing your internet connection.
    Is this the full message you get? When do you get this message? What kind of web browser are you using? Does this message appear only when you are browsing the net or also when you are off line?
    Have you tried resetting the modem?

Original Poster

Hi
    It can happen at any time,I use firefox and internet explorer.And I'm sorry but I don't know how to reset the modem

mumoftwo;4390954

And I'm sorry but I don't know how to reset the modem

turn it off, then turn it on.

Original Poster

Oh yes i have tried that . thats how I get the connection back on

What internet provider do you use?
    It could be a faulty modem/router.

Original Poster

virgin ,and do you think I shold disconnect the wireless router for my laptop for a while and see if that may be the problem?

So you have a separate modem and router?
    If you do, then it would be a good idea to connect straight to the modem so you can narrow it down.

Original Poster

Thankyou i'll try that, but it's been sods law that I have not had to reconnct during this conversation!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764555
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …248808
      3. Best advert ever to be seen.1617
      4. Your dream gaming set up?2556

See more discussions