never buy released game at midnight from asda

oh what hassle last night at basildon store for the game, son got down there at eleven oclock last night lined up with others they all received a raffle ticket my son was number 75 they asked bloke how many raffle tickets were being handed out he said 150 (obvious a lie) they all thought the number they were given was the number in the queue fair enough at midnight (he said there was a massive queue behind them) when they finally open the game bit their had two young chaps handing out the game there was no order has everybody made a mad rush for game, bloke given out games at one point deceided he needed a break so he had one, my son managed to get game at 1 20 this morning police was also called to try an quieten things down, now tell me is the game worth all the fuss

35 Comments

I can't believe people queue for a game ffs,the hysteria is unreal.

obviously not:whistling:

erm yes

Went to Asda Queensferry was a massive que, everyone was very respective of the que, no one pushed shoved or jumped. We all got one no worry no stress, and there was good banter in the que.

Banned

The mentality displayed by the people in the queue shows the mentality of the people who queue up in the pouring rain at midnight to get a computer game FFS its a game,

Original Poster

the funny thing is he has not played it yet because he had to be in work at six this morning and wont be home to six tonight the joys of being young lmao

ttwcd;6842866

the funny thing is he has not played it yet because he had to be in work … the funny thing is he has not played it yet because he had to be in work at six this morning and wont be home to six tonight the joys of being young lmao

I looked at the wrapper and gave to my brother, as he wanted a copy. I won't play mine till after the weekend.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6842894

I looked at the wrapper and gave to my brother, as he wanted a copy. I … I looked at the wrapper and gave to my brother, as he wanted a copy. I won't play mine till after the weekend.

bless that was nice of you

thats funny thought you was being good to your brother well done winning a copy lol

Adam2050;6842894

I looked at the wrapper and gave to my brother, as he wanted a copy. I … I looked at the wrapper and gave to my brother, as he wanted a copy. I won't play mine till after the weekend.

Until you receive the copy you won you mean? lol

WD

Why do people feel the need to knock people who have an interest in something, allbeit a game.

Probably the sort of people who can't be bothered to get off their backsides to reach the tv remote.

ChipSticks;6842936

Until you receive the copy you won you mean? lolWD

Yep that too. But tonight im out, tomorrow im out, thursday im out, then the weekend is with the missus and is busy so no Cod for me. Tears to me.:)

I strolled down to my local Sainsburys this morning on the way to dropping the kids off to school and there were no queues and loads on the shelf at £26.. Woah I'm glad I had a nice lay in this morning ;-)

ttwcd;6842866

the funny thing is he has not played it yet because he had to be in work … the funny thing is he has not played it yet because he had to be in work at six this morning and wont be home to six tonight the joys of being young lmao

Why didn't you just buy it at a sensible time and at a cheap price say Sainsburys at £26?

Adam2050;6842949

Yep that too. But tonight im out, tomorrow im out, thursday im out, then … Yep that too. But tonight im out, tomorrow im out, thursday im out, then the weekend is with the missus and is busy so no Cod for me. Tears to me.:)

omg, stop showing off that you have a life dammit! lol

Have a nice (very long) weekend xxx

greg_68;6842941

Why do people feel the need to knock people who have an interest in … Why do people feel the need to knock people who have an interest in something, allbeit a game.Probably the sort of people who can't be bothered to get off their backsides to reach the tv remote.

It's the hysteria of it all,not that people have an interest in it,same as i don't understand the women who queue up for an early morning NEXT sale,like it's life or death:?

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6842958

Why didn't you just buy it at a sensible time and at a cheap price say … Why didn't you just buy it at a sensible time and at a cheap price say Sainsburys at £26?

i offerered to buy it for him today but he said that they would be sold out and as all teenagers know best i let him get on with it ( his 18)

ChipSticks;6842977

omg, stop showing off that you have a life dammit! lolHave a nice (very … omg, stop showing off that you have a life dammit! lolHave a nice (very long) weekend xxx

Apologies. :oops:

I wish I didn't this week, oh the days of Wow & CS.:)

Nah I was going to buy him a copy either way, just made my desicion easier and did mean I didn't have to re-que.

deb8z;6842985

It's the hysteria of it all,not that people have an interest in it,same … It's the hysteria of it all,not that people have an interest in it,same as i don't understand the women who queue up for an early morning NEXT sale,like it's life or death:?

Fair few women in that que last night.

greg_68;6842941

Why do people feel the need to knock people who have an interest in … Why do people feel the need to knock people who have an interest in something, allbeit a game.Probably the sort of people who can't be bothered to get off their backsides to reach the tv remote.

I was just about to disagree with this.. but then I thought about the people who queue up at Next at 5am, the people who were at Sainsburys the other week at 7am for the toy sale (no one knocked them), Im sure ppl will be queuing up at 8am for the Boots 75% sale after crimbo too.

I have to admit Ive never queued up for anything, its too much hassle for me.. but I was guilty of staying up all night for the boots 75% sale online last Jan/Feb... (and the site was so busy that my order didnt actually go through until 8am, by which time I would've been awake anyway! :x).

If its your thing and youre happy to queue up, who cares:thumbsup:

I must be weird,i've never wanted anything enough to queue up for it:w00t:

Banned

Should have gone morrisons. Heard people walked in and walked out about 8-9 this morning, the regret the people who queued must feel :L

greg_68;6842941

deb8z;6842985

It's the hysteria of it all,not that people have an interest in it,same … It's the hysteria of it all,not that people have an interest in it,same as i don't understand the women who queue up for an early morning NEXT sale,like it's life or death:?

Adam2050;6843023

Fair few women in that que last night.

The ladies in the queue were probably there to collect the game for their lardy-**** male partners.

To be fair, I queued for 45 minutes to collect the last Harry Potter book for my partner... and I have not read a book in the last 25 years.

PS. I dropped one of my kids off at school at 8am, drove responsibly across town to Morrisons, parked carefully, walked to the cashpoint machine, withdrew cash in a non-frenzied manner, ambled into the store, collected a basket, sauntered to the video games aisle & approached the counter to purchase (the first two of the three) PS3 versions without any hysteria. I handed over my cash, did a little more shopping for ten minutes, returned to my car, left my bags, and returned in-store to purchase another PS3 version of the game.

I then drove home abiding to the posted speed restrictions, said goodbye to my other two kids who were leaving for the day, and scanned the receipts to drop into the dedicated ]Morrisons thread to assist my fellow HotUKDeals members (although it wasn't needed as many people had posted already).

I don't intend to play until at least Christmas Day; I just know if I wait until next week I'll be paying over £35, maybe even nearer to £40.

I didn't even intend to buy any copies of the game at all. When I returned home yesterday evening my kids asked for the game for Christmas. Up until that point they were not interested, but the TV advertising had caught their attention.

If the scenes I saw yesterday were indicative of a mass of people queuing for something important, I can only imagine in horror what food rationing must have been like during War time, and what chaos ensues around a lone water standpipe 100 miles from any villages in African nations today.

Spare a thought for those less privileged... especially around the anniversary tomorrow when we reflect upon bygone world affairs & the results of "playing war games".

BFN,

fp.

fanpages;6843808

The ladies in the queue were probably there to collect the game for their … The ladies in the queue were probably there to collect the game for their lardy-**** male partners.To be fair, I queued for 45 minutes to collect the last Harry Potter book for my partner... and I have not read a book in the last 25 years.PS. I dropped one of my kids off at school at 8am, drove responsibly across town to Morrisons, parked carefully, walked to the cashpoint machine, withdrew cash in a non-frenzied manner, ambled into the store, collected a basket, sauntered to the video games aisle & approached the counter to purchase (the first two of the three) PS3 versions without any hysteria. I handed over my cash, did a little more shopping for ten minutes, returned to my car, left my bags, and returned in-store to purchase another PS3 version of the game.I then drove home abiding to the posted speed restrictions, said goodbye to my other two kids who were leaving for the day, and scanned the receipts to drop into the dedicated ]Morrisons thread to assist my fellow HotUKDeals members (although it wasn't needed as many people had posted already).I don't intend to play until at least Christmas Day; I just know if I wait until next week I'll be paying over £35, maybe even nearer to £40.I didn't even intend to buy any copies of the game at all. When I returned home yesterday evening my kids asked for the game for Christmas. Up until that point they were not interested, but the TV advertising had caught their attention.If the scenes I saw yesterday were indicative of a mass of people queuing for something important, I can only imagine in horror what food rationing must have been like during War time, and what chaos ensues around a lone water standpipe 100 miles from any villages in African nations today.Spare a thought for those less privileged... especially around the anniversary tomorrow when we reflect upon bygone world affairs & the results of "playing war games".BFN,fp.

:giggle:

Banned

fanpages;6843808

The ladies in the queue were probably there to collect the game for their … The ladies in the queue were probably there to collect the game for their lardy-**** male partners.To be fair, I queued for 45 minutes to collect the last Harry Potter book for my partner... and I have not read a book in the last 25 years.PS. I dropped one of my kids off at school at 8am, drove responsibly across town to Morrisons, parked carefully, walked to the cashpoint machine, withdrew cash in a non-frenzied manner, ambled into the store, collected a basket, sauntered to the video games aisle & approached the counter to purchase (the first two of the three) PS3 versions without any hysteria. I handed over my cash, did a little more shopping for ten minutes, returned to my car, left my bags, and returned in-store to purchase another PS3 version of the game.I then drove home abiding to the posted speed restrictions, said goodbye to my other two kids who were leaving for the day, and scanned the receipts to drop into the dedicated ]Morrisons thread to assist my fellow HotUKDeals members (although it wasn't needed as many people had posted already).I don't intend to play until at least Christmas Day; I just know if I wait until next week I'll be paying over £35, maybe even nearer to £40.I didn't even intend to buy any copies of the game at all. When I returned home yesterday evening my kids asked for the game for Christmas. Up until that point they were not interested, but the TV advertising had caught their attention.If the scenes I saw yesterday were indicative of a mass of people queuing for something important, I can only imagine in horror what food rationing must have been like during War time, and what chaos ensues around a lone water standpipe 100 miles from any villages in African nations today.Spare a thought for those less privileged... especially around the anniversary tomorrow when we reflect upon bygone world affairs & the results of "playing war games".BFN,fp.

+1

Good post fp, :thumbsup:

yeah hardly a great tribute releasing a Modern Warfare game aday before the 11th November.....................sad really, I doubt there is even a poppy in the game

It's probably a status thing, you have to have turned up at school / college this morning with have a copy in your mits.

lol at being served by Liam both times in under 10 minutes FP

Thanks for your words of support.

Babbabooey;6843936

lol at being served by Liam both times in under 10 minutes FP

I considered blocking out his name, but he was the only one serving at that time anyway. Hope I didn't cause any problems for him as he was a really helpful member of staff

Alfonse;6843914

yeah hardly a great tribute releasing a Modern Warfare game on the 11th … yeah hardly a great tribute releasing a Modern Warfare game on the 11th November.....................sad really, I doubt there is even a poppy in the game

"Call of Duty: World at War" was released (in North American territories) last 11 November too! Europe's release day was 3 days later.

It is in bad taste... and you're right, it is a great (but, sadly, missed) opportunity to raise awareness of the various charities that exist to help fallen service personnel around the world.

PS. I ]mentioned last night that Activision, the publishers of this game, are trying to help with donating the (multi-)million(s) they have made from this franchise so far...

Game developer's newest 'call of duty': Help vets find jobs
Firm donates $1 million to boost employment for lagging demographic"

Article online at "]The Washington Post".

BFN,

fp.

Banned

TO THE OP:-

Why didnt your son go on his own? Surely he doesnt need you to hold his hand at his age!

fanpages;6844007

Thanks for your words of support.I thougth about blocking out his name, … Thanks for your words of support.I thougth about blocking out his name, but he was the only one serving at that time anyway. Hope I didn't cause any problems for him as he was a really helpful member of staff "Call of Duty: World at War" was released (in North American territories) last 11 November too! Europe's release day was 3 days later.It is in bad taste... and you're right, it is a great (but, sadly, missed) opportunity to raise awareness of the various charities that exist to help fallen service personnel around the world.PS. I ]mentioned last night the Activision, the publishers of this game, are trying to help with donating the (multi-)million(s) they have made from this franchise so far...Game developer's newest 'call of duty': Help vets find jobsFirm donates $1 million to boost employment for lagging demographic"Article online at "]The Washington Post".BFN,fp.

true a quid to poppy appeal per game purchase would be cool

Original Poster

csiman;6844036

TO THE OP:-Why didnt your son go on his own? Surely he doesnt need you to … TO THE OP:-Why didnt your son go on his own? Surely he doesnt need you to hold his hand at his age!

i didnt say that i had gone with him i was tucked up in bed

Banned

ttwcd;6844057

i didnt say that i had gone with him i was tucked up in bed

:thumbsup:

fanpages;6844007

"Call of Duty: World at War" was released (in North American territories) … "Call of Duty: World at War" was released (in North American territories) last 11 November too! Europe's release day was 3 days later.It is in bad taste... and you're right, it is a great (but, sadly, missed) opportunity to raise awareness of the various charities that exist to help fallen service personnel around the world...

Alfonse;6844053

true a quid to poppy apeal per game purchase would be cool

Sounds like a good idea for a "charity thread"... all those who benefitted from the listed deals could consider a small donation to a worthwhile cause.

BFN,

fp.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1517
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1529
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764045
    4. Ebid over Ebay55

See more discussions