Never trust Domestic General repair quotes !!

4 replies
Found 24th Sep 2010
My Oven broke on Friday, I phoned through to get a quote for repair. they quoted fixed cost of £117. Or the option to pay over 10 months at £18 a month. I said I would shop around, they advised to prelim book the service which I didi incase I could not get a better quote.
On Saturday I decided to have a look round the net for common faults etc and low and behold I found how to repair it for £20. I bought the part and fitted it on the Tueday and all working fine.
I then called to cancel my engineer etc and they they said well if I would like to keep the insurance of 10months they would reduce my payments by 50%

I laughed and said no thanks !!

Just a warning to those with similar problem !

1. Misc
  2. Oven
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Oven
4 Comments

I have had one of them policies that covers three of my kitchen appliances for £9.99 a month and yes its a gamble but its paid off for me a good few times. Had a new dishwasher and new washing machine from them. Always found them to be great tbh. Your quote would obviously include a labour charge.

so you reckon the £120 per year is worth it?

bossyboots

I have had one of them policies that covers three of my kitchen … I have had one of them policies that covers three of my kitchen appliances for £9.99 a month and yes its a gamble but its paid off for me a good few times. Had a new dishwasher and new washing machine from them. Always found them to be great tbh. Your quote would obviously include a labour charge.

effingandjeffing

so you reckon the £120 per year is worth it?

Definitely. The dishwasher and washing machine they gave me were worth over £300 each. Plus I have had them out for other problems - the peace of mind is great.

i am surprised they asked £120 for a year the normal period is three years as any policies covers three years plus new for old with them as i have been dealing with them for a lot of years plus my family as they seem to be the best around i havent found anyone else that could match them . are you sure it was only a repair quote you got. as at £120 for three years is not bad more so when it includes new for old. but seemingly you got a good deal @£20
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769302
    2. Coming up to bonfire night ...2231
    3. Hope of a cure for asthma56
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7871476

See more discussions