New £2Bn theme park planned for NW Kent to open in 2018 to Rival Euro Disney ...

Found 8th Oct 2012

Apparently paramount are planning to build a new theme park on a site in Swanscombe in Kent (Next to Eurostar station) at a cost of £2Bn.

Happy Days......... 20 mins away in the car....

itv.com/new…is/

Due to be opened in 2018, the site will have a theme park, indoor water park, theatres, live music venues, cinemas, restaurants and hotels.

Our vision is to create a world class entertainment destination, the first of its kind in the UK. We are at the start of a long journey, but have been encouraged by the support and buy-in we have had to date.

We are particularly pleased with the appetite we are seeing from investors, who consider this a compelling investment proposition. Post Olympics, this is Britain's next major regeneration opportunity.

Over the next 12-18 months we will be progressing the planning application, while embarking on a wide-reaching programme of community consultation, while securing further commercial agreements with third parties.

Our timetable for delivery, including the planning application process and construction timetable, is geared towards completion and opening in 2018.

The park is similar to one in Spain which is due to open to the public in 2015

Community Updates
MiscDisneyTheme Park
57 Comments
27,000 jobs wow that's a lot migrants taken care of
that will be great if it happens. i love theme parks.
simplyjimbo

27,000 jobs wow that's a lot migrants taken care of

Jeez, you have to spoil it with the down sides! X)
WOW, thats some major much needed investment for north kent.

Makes you wonder where they will now build the new "runway", North kent was a option?
OMG I only live about 2 miles away!!! Hope I get a discount!
ed1980

WOW, thats some major much needed investment for north kent.Makes you … WOW, thats some major much needed investment for north kent.Makes you wonder where they will now build the new "runway", North kent was a option?

What - Boris Island? To be honest, that really is never gonna happen. Besides - Boris, stay in London.... Do not interfere with Kent.
Foxy102

Database updated! X)
Foxy102

Sell now
Give that 2bn to the starving, malnourished, disease infected children.
20 mins by car now maybe but when its built 60mins min (_;)
sherg

no way. i want my theme park.
The Spanish park will bankrupt them first,because that country is well and truly fecked!
sherg

Get rid of the corrupt politicians who rob and pillage the donations given by other company's/country's.

Once that happens only then can you attempt to solve the problem

Throwing money at the problem now justs makes them richer while the people who need the money suffer.

I still believe that charity starts at home. Solve the problems in this country before we start helping others
guv

What - Boris Island? To be honest, that really is never gonna happen. … What - Boris Island? To be honest, that really is never gonna happen. Besides - Boris, stay in London.... Do not interfere with Kent.

They were looking at a few sites in Kent, Thames estuary, manston, hoo.

All viable options, this park could favour a new Kent airport
ed1980

Get rid of the corrupt politicians who rob and pillage the donations … Get rid of the corrupt politicians who rob and pillage the donations given by other company's/country's.Once that happens only then can you attempt to solve the problemThrowing money at the problem now justs makes them richer while the people who need the money suffer.I still believe that charity starts at home. Solve the problems in this country before we start helping others

The problems in this country are hardly comparable to that of a starving, dehydrated, malnourished child suffering with AIDS.
sherg

The problems in this country are hardly comparable to that of a starving, … The problems in this country are hardly comparable to that of a starving, dehydrated, malnourished child suffering with AIDS.

Nahman, had power cut for 15 minutes t'other night
Having watched the video on that link I feel Walt Disney may rest easy in his grave, it looks ****.

Doesn't even mention 'theme park'; lifestyle centre? Wtf is one of those supposed to be?
sherg

The problems in this country are hardly comparable to that of a starving, … The problems in this country are hardly comparable to that of a starving, dehydrated, malnourished child suffering with AIDS.

Yet most of the country's which suffer this problem are more interested in lineing their own pockets, fighting wars they shouldn't be or building weapons of mass destruction.

We send millions to India/Pakistan yet they can afford to spend billions on nuclear weapons.

A few years back the king of Swaziland spent $15 million on a new plane for him and his family (the country's health budget was $6 million at the time.) yet we send aid.

We spend billions on other country's yet we can't even take proper care of injured soldiers who fight for our country, it takes "help for heroes" to raise money for rehab centres, when the government should be building these first

Sorry sherg, I disagree with you

20 mins away from me. I live in Wilmington, which is just outside of Dartford.

Decent.
I'll believe it when i see it. Warner Brothers were going to build a theme park in North West London in the late 1990s.

Stories rumbled around for a few years gaining them a fair bit of free publicity but, needless to say, it never got built. Will Paramount be any different?
Foxy102

Car park is in your back garden.
I think a 2018 completion date is optomistic. They have been working on the quarry on the opposite side to Bluewater (about a mile away from this place) to build c7500 homes in 3 separate new villages for the last 7 years and seem to have got nowhere yet!
the area is a complete dump at present so this can only be good for it
loop

the area is a complete dump at present so this can only be good for it

It ain't great, that's for sure!
YAY!

bring on 2018. my eldest will be 15 then...WOW!
hmm 20 mins away from you, which direction & what would your approximate speed be?

more to the point, will there be a tescos nearby?
' Happy days....... 20 mins away in the car ....'

Remind me again how many minutes away in the car is White Hart Lane?

X) X)
transit

' Happy days....... 20 mins away in the car ....'Remind me again how many … ' Happy days....... 20 mins away in the car ....'Remind me again how many minutes away in the car is White Hart Lane?X) X)

Why? Are you thinking of making your first visit there?
wishihadadonkey

hmm 20 mins away from you, which direction & what would your approximate … hmm 20 mins away from you, which direction & what would your approximate speed be? more to the point, will there be a tescos nearby?

Heading South East, 85 on the M25 if off peak and average of 30 on the minor roads. I probably should have said 25 mins, so thanks for picking up on it. (Database entry?)

There are definately no Tesco nearby, though there is a big ASDA which is famed for its Tes Kosis-Cheepa announcement found on YouTube!

Where will they find 27,000 "polish workers" from?
timtom13

Where will they find 27,000 "polish workers" from?

By 'polish worker' do you mean cleaner? Don't think they'll need that many...

Capitalisation is important...
but will it rival the uk's best theme park...... Flamingo Land?
http://i49.tinypic.com/95x5lg.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/ll641.jpg
Edited by: "timtom13" 9th Oct 2012
timtom13

http://wordpress.imiant.org.uk/xi/files/2009/11/flamingo-land-resort-map.jpg

thats a no then
casparwhite

but will it rival the uk's best theme park...... Flamingo Land?

Luna park..... LOOOOL
deleted265520
Let's be realistic Guv... by 2018 do you think you'll still be stable enough to go on the tea cups?
guv gonna be first in line with his OAP discount.
If that goes ahead the M25 river crossing will be overwhelmed. It cant cope in heavy traffic now. I guess there will need to be extra lanes if it is passed.
WoolyM

If that goes ahead the M25 river crossing will be overwhelmed. It cant … If that goes ahead the M25 river crossing will be overwhelmed. It cant cope in heavy traffic now. I guess there will need to be extra lanes if it is passed.

Extra lanes will mean an additional tunnel, or an additional bridge.

There will be no chance of the toll charges being discontinued in our lifetime if that is the case.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions