New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother

Found 21st Sep 2017
So after she losing her glasses and one of the flowers my brother gave her for her birthday. We as a family decided mom needs a camera in her front room to keep a eye on her and that records so we can play back and see what happens.

Don't have to be disrecte as we wont be trying to hide it will be on top of the TV.

I need to be access it though my phone im guessing a secure wifi link. guess anything less then a hundred pounds but ive seen some starting at 30 but thats why im here i need help,

There's is so many cameras to pick from Im a little overwheled in which one to get.

Any suggestions on which camera i should get would be appreciated..

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

What's Demintina?

squiff3 m ago

What's Demintina?

Perhaps its a spelling mistake, and the OP meant dementia
Edited by: "tregs" 21st Sep 2017

tregs47 m ago

Perhaps its a spelling mistake, and the OP meant dementia

OK, let's change it to "dementia".

"New a camera to keep track of my Dementia Mother"

Does that make better sense?

Personally I would suggest two systems. One to record and one for live viewing. This is assuming you live near your mother and can get over to view the recording if necessary.
You have my heartfelt best wishes!

Original Poster

Yeah sorry was Dementia.

I live with my mother as her live in carer but unfortunately I need to work as I have no choice, so those hours away i do need to be able to live stream it though my phone and yeah able to check the recordings to see if she's given away more stuff and to who. Like the plants and help her find her glasses and find those bloody keys what go missing every other day,
Edited by: "shazar" 21st Sep 2017

You can do this for free, if you've got some spare android phones lying around. Install an ip cam app on them, configure port forwarding on your router, and, assuming your Isp gives you dynamic IP addresses, install a utility to auto-email you the current IP address periodically. You can then monitor via a browse on your phone, or on your work computer.

I have the non-HD version of this and it's brilliant but probably worth you spending a little more for higher quality streaming.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…rch

you can set it up so the camera only films when motion activated.

You can put a microSD card into the hub and it saves the videos.

You can log in from anywhere and see what's happening.

Brilliant.

squiff18 h, 50 m ago

OK, let's change it to "dementia". "New a camera to keep track of my …OK, let's change it to "dementia". "New a camera to keep track of my Dementia Mother"Does that make better sense?

I'll go out on a limb and say they mis-typed "Need" as "Nee" or "Ned" and autocorrect changed it to "New"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions