Found 26th Dec 2016
Could I please get some advice.

I'm looking at the richer sounds website and want a new amp. Looking around £350. Which would you pick and why.

I like the look of this one. m.richersounds.com/!/product/PION-VSX-1131-BLK

Thanks Ant

9 Comments

Av or stereo?

Original Poster

Sorry sound stupid whatsoever difference

wildchild121007

Sorry sound stupid whatsoever difference

stereo is for music, AV is for music and movies as it is multichannel (often called an AVR -AV Receiver)

Personally I prefer Onkyo for AVR's as I find the sound a little brasher, perfect for movies...the speakers you connect it to will make more difference than AVR brand though...

Without knowing the context of the system it will be slotting into, the styles of music you like, and the features you want; how could we offer advice??

It is very difficult to find a truly bad amp these days, so go for what you like the look of is option one.
option two is go for the one that feels nicest to use.
option three is to read lots of reviews, sit down and demo a short list, and pick the one you think sounds the best in a system as close to your as is reasonably possible.
option four is unfold the RS sale sheet, stick it on a dartboard and throw a dart, the nearest amp is your chosen one.

Looks good. I would want an 8 ohm amp and probably one capable of 7.2.4.

Original Poster

Thanks For the feedback. I'm going to for the one I originally posted. Just like the look of it. Ive got 5 speakers as is. Just need an amp with hdmi inputs as the one I have I bought a few yrs back.

wildchild121007

Thanks For the feedback. I'm going to for the one I originally posted. … Thanks For the feedback. I'm going to for the one I originally posted. Just like the look of it. Ive got 5 speakers as is. Just need an amp with hdmi inputs as the one I have I bought a few yrs back.

Your speakers 6 or 8 ohm?

Original Poster

6 ohms 30watt normal max 100

wildchild121007

Thanks For the feedback. I'm going to for the one I originally posted. … Thanks For the feedback. I'm going to for the one I originally posted. Just like the look of it. Ive got 5 speakers as is. Just need an amp with hdmi inputs as the one I have I bought a few yrs back.

Depends on if you require 4K, 3D, Atmos, airplay, DSD, Flac 24bit, Multiple zones, Party mode etc. A lot of stuff out there..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marmite2127
    2. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1427
    3. Misco about to go into administration55
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247566

See more discussions