New Bank Account "Deals"

A long time ago, you could set up a First Direct bank account and they would credit your account with £15 after 4 weeks or so - this was without having to deposit either a large sum up front or having to deposit a certain amount each month.

Are there any banks that still offer this type of deal/account please?

4 Comments

First Direct will deposit you £100 but you need to EITHER deposit I think £1500 a month OR have another service with them i.e a Savings account or Credit card etc (I think). I just joined them for the sole reason they offer the BEST level of customer service (rated by the public) so i'm looking forward to banking with them from here on! £250 interest free overdraft availabe too
Edited by: "mrboot" 7th Jun 2011

Original Poster

mrboot

First Direct will deposit you £100 but you need to EITHER deposit I think … First Direct will deposit you £100 but you need to EITHER deposit I think £1500 a month OR have another service with them i.e a Savings account or Credit card etc (I think). I just joined them for the sole reason they offer the BEST level of customer service (rated by the public) so i'm looking forward to banking with them from here on! £250 interest free overdraft availabe too

Mmm thank you. I just want to start a separate small bank account so don't want to move my salary etc but if they offer this on the back if a credit card, I may look into further. Cheers!

mrboot

First Direct will deposit you £100 but you need to EITHER deposit I think … First Direct will deposit you £100 but you need to EITHER deposit I think £1500 a month OR have another service with them i.e a Savings account or Credit card etc (I think). I just joined them for the sole reason they offer the BEST level of customer service (rated by the public) so i'm looking forward to banking with them from here on! £250 interest free overdraft availabe too

you'd be right there, customer service second to none (head office in Leeds so bound to be great people as well)

£250 interest free overdraft availabe too

I think its £500.00 interest free if you joined online.
Mine was.
ive been with FD for 15 years and would not use anybody else.
If you have a banking problem and no body else can help phone FD.
Anything goes wrong direct debit clained the wrong ammount for eg they fixed it and refunded me in less than 5 mins.
Thats service
The call centre staff speak english as a first language thats why they win so many awards.
This works as a landline number 0113 234 5678 to call them
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2024
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1857
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764049
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions