Groups

NEW BATHROOM

Will be totally gutted and replaced. Have finally chose the company I want to do it. But just to make sure I am comparing like with like on the quotes....

One company says plate and tile the floor, anyone know what that means? Is it some special surface to lay the tiles on...and why have the other company not mentioned this...is it required?

10 Comments

metal base apparently for the tiles to be put onto.

I'd imagine they're putting 12mm plywood onto the floor to ensure it's level for when they tile over it - assuming your floor is made of floorboards.

Never heard of a metal base lol.

I've never heard of a metal base either , solid floor not level >self leveling compound base, wood floor > plywood base. You can get a flexible adhesive and grout for slightly uneven surface's nowadays to stop tiles cracking .

Original Poster

Just says "fully plate and tile floor". Does not mention metal.

Just can't wait to get it done now......but then there's the boiler first

followed by the kitchen ceiling flat roof which I have just discovered is letting in water.....

Ho hum

Banned

iglimpse

Just says "fully plate and tile floor". Does not mention metal.Just … Just says "fully plate and tile floor". Does not mention metal.Just can't wait to get it done now......but then there's the boiler firstfollowed by the kitchen ceiling flat roof which I have just discovered is letting in water.....Ho hum

that could be VERY expensive

Original Poster

Well we have had it patched several times over the years. Was fine during the recent deluges we have had. Dry night and then find tiny drops of water on the floor this morning ?!?

Would love to get a pitch roof put on to solve the problem...next adventure

Original Poster

Nope. Just new suite and great shower over bath.

Would love a wet room but it is the only bathroom.

Banned

iglimpse

Nope. Just new suite and great shower over bath.Would love a wet room … Nope. Just new suite and great shower over bath.Would love a wet room but it is the only bathroom.

make sure they put waterboard or similar over the shower area as tiles are porous

Why not ask the company what they mean?...you are paying them and you don't know what they are going to do.:(

Original Poster

Inactive

Why not ask the company what they mean?...you are paying them and you … Why not ask the company what they mean?...you are paying them and you don't know what they are going to do.:(

Because that is not the company I am going with. Just wanted to know what it was for, sound odd because nobody here knows what it means
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927362
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions