New bladerunner

Found 1st Oct 2017
never seen the highly acclaimed original, ever seen it planning to watch it before the new film?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Banned
The original is iconic and I'd advise anyone to watch it.

Daryll Hannah stole my heart in that movie.
57 Comments
Banned
The original is iconic and I'd advise anyone to watch it.

Daryll Hannah stole my heart in that movie.
One of my favourite films, I'm excited and also dreading the sequel. I hope it's good, Villeneuve is a strong and confident director with Sci-fi, so I'm quietly optimistic...
Edited by: "Krooner" 2nd Oct 2017
Dave watch the director's cut. Truly an amazing film and I can't wait for the new film.
Agree with the others. Original is fantastic.
I wish they'd stop cashing in on classic films because they've run out of ideas.

The major thing for me about the original was the SFX, I do love marveling at the work done in years before CGI, the real stunts, the real sets, the artists drawing on negitives and general tricks done with exposure, love puppets as well new computer films just don't have the wonderment
Krooner19 m ago

One of my favourite films, I'm excited and also dreading the sequel. I …One of my favourite films, I'm excited and also dreading the sequel. I hope it's good, Villeneuve is a strong and cofident director with Sci-fi, so I'm quietly optimistic...

Positive, glowing reviews so far.
SJHan11 m ago

Positive, glowing reviews so far.

I'm avoiding them, but good to know! Will listen to Kermode on Friday probably, but that'll be it.
Should read the book as well as it explains why Decker is so shocked at the end.
kester7613 h, 18 m ago

Should read the book as well as it explains why Decker is so shocked at …Should read the book as well as it explains why Decker is so shocked at the end.

It's so different it'll probably raise more questions than it'll answer though.
Krooner29 m ago

It's so different it'll probably raise more questions than it'll answer …It's so different it'll probably raise more questions than it'll answer though.

The book highlights the lack of empathy which separates androids from humans. That's why Deckard in the film is so hostile to Rachael in the beginning of the film after he finds out she's an android. Also why he freaks out when Batty saves his life and exhibits signs of empathy, mercy, love and guilt. The other nexus 6 models don't give a damn about each other in general but Batty truly loves Pris and mourns their loss.
There's a 2nd book that goes futher but is probably different from the 2nd movie.

bladerunner.wikia.com/wik…man
Dilithium14 h, 50 m ago

The original is iconic and I'd advise anyone to watch it.Daryll Hannah …The original is iconic and I'd advise anyone to watch it.Daryll Hannah stole my heart in that movie.

Agree with this and others. I think you should watch the original. The new one will provide OG fans with a little nostalgia, it’s the synth that always does it for me...
kester7626 m ago

The book highlights the lack of empathy which separates androids from …The book highlights the lack of empathy which separates androids from humans. That's why Deckard in the film is so hostile to Rachael in the beginning of the film after he finds out she's an android. Also why he freaks out when Batty saves his life and exhibits signs of empathy, mercy, love and guilt. The other nexus 6 models don't give a damn about each other in general but Batty truly loves Pris and mourns their loss. There's a 2nd book that goes futher but is probably different from the 2nd movie.http://bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Runner_2:_The_Edge_of_Human

I think all that is pretty obvious from the film, if you're paying attention. You see that same disdain echoed for Deckard in his colleagues.
Krooner17 m ago

I think all that is pretty obvious from the film, if you're paying …I think all that is pretty obvious from the film, if you're paying attention. You see that same disdain echoed for Deckard in his colleagues.

I think Deckard is just an ass to work with so they don't give him much credit. I don't subscribe to him being an Android as it kind of ruins the film in my eyes. I prefer the ending where the unicorn is only left for Deckard to know that Gaff has been there but empathised with Deckards feeling for Rachael.
kester7647 m ago

I think Deckard is just an ass to work with so they don't give him much …I think Deckard is just an ass to work with so they don't give him much credit. I don't subscribe to him being an Android as it kind of ruins the film in my eyes. I prefer the ending where the unicorn is only left for Deckard to know that Gaff has been there but empathised with Deckards feeling for Rachael.

But how would he know he'd dreamed of a unicorn unless it was the stock dream for a replicant? I think that he learns to be "human", that it can be learnt when the actual humans are growing more greedy, superficial and introverted is the point. That they're almost indistinguishable from humans highlights the distrust humans have for themselves and others like them. Deckard is free of that by the end, his objectivity to the world around him grants him that clarity.
Krooner36 m ago

But how would he know he'd dreamed of a unicorn unless it was the stock …But how would he know he'd dreamed of a unicorn unless it was the stock dream for a replicant? I think that he learns to be "human", that it can be learnt when the actual humans are growing more greedy, superficial and introverted is the point. That they're almost indistinguishable from humans highlights the distrust humans have for themselves and others like them. Deckard is free of that by the end, his objectivity to the world around him grants him that clarity.

The unicorn dream was added later by Ridley Scott because he loves android on android sex, hence the awkward fassbender David and Walter weirdness. There has been a lot of changes done to Bladerunner over the years and not all are good.
kester7612 m ago

The unicorn dream was added later by Ridley Scott because he loves android …The unicorn dream was added later by Ridley Scott because he loves android on android sex, hence the awkward fassbender David and Walter weirdness. There has been a lot of changes done to Bladerunner over the years and not all are good.

I think the 90's version would be the first one I saw. (assuming 76 is your birth year) you're a bit older than me. I can't watch the original, the narration kills it dead for me.

If you don't like the "Deckard is a replicant" you can't be looking forward to whats coming, can you?
I think Alien Covenant story is a load of crap but will still watch it.
Krooner51 m ago

I think the 90's version would be the first one I saw. (assuming 76 is …I think the 90's version would be the first one I saw. (assuming 76 is your birth year) you're a bit older than me. I can't watch the original, the narration kills it dead for me. If you don't like the "Deckard is a replicant" you can't be looking forward to whats coming, can you?

Not sure how Deckard would of lived to old age unless he was human. One of the problems with the shift from theatrical to directors cut,the original nexus six replicants only had a 4 year life span but in the theatrical cut rachael didn't have that but was removed for the directors cut. I guess it depends on which cut is canon.
Hopefully it wont be a train wreck like Prometheus
kester7612 m ago

I think Alien Covenant story is a load of crap but will still watch it. …I think Alien Covenant story is a load of crap but will still watch it. Not sure how Deckard would of lived to old age unless he was human. One of the problems with the shift from theatrical to directors cut,the original nexus six replicants only had a 4 year life span but in the theatrical cut rachael didn't have that but was removed for the directors cut. I guess it depends on which cut is canon. Hopefully it wont be a train wreck like Prometheus

It's Scott's official line, I'd imagine as the producer he'd protect that. I think the Final cut is the jumping off point.

I liked Prometheus more the Covenant I think. I maybe need to re-watch it.
Krooner17 m ago

It's Scott's official line, I'd imagine as the producer he'd protect that. …It's Scott's official line, I'd imagine as the producer he'd protect that. I think the Final cut is the jumping off point. I liked Prometheus more the Covenant I think. I maybe need to re-watch it.

I think Prometheus is a train wreck story wise. It's just too daft in alot of places. Watched the making of on the bluray and they admitted they were just winging it story wise. It's a shame as it could of been a lot better.
kester761 h, 23 m ago

I think Prometheus is a train wreck story wise. It's just too daft in alot …I think Prometheus is a train wreck story wise. It's just too daft in alot of places. Watched the making of on the bluray and they admitted they were just winging it story wise. It's a shame as it could of been a lot better.

There's some neat world-building in it. Covenant felt like we'd seen it all before. I'd take another Prometheus over another Alien any day.
jax61915 h, 54 m ago

She stole my heart 4 times that night after I'd watched the film.

She acts creepy as hell in that film due to her character being a sociopath, better off watching Splash
Love the original but have no interest in a money spinning follow up.
32162859-A9otK.jpg
jax6191 h, 28 m ago

She'd struggle to put on the stocking in splash though

Search images for splash statue of liberty full ass shot.
jax61943 m ago

No I'm not a pervert

Looking at Daryl Hannah's bottom in 'Splash' isn't perverted, it's a manhood right of passage. Puts hairs on your chest, do what you're told!
Finally got to see this today. Amazing, couldn't be happier as a fan. Looked great, sounded great, first class.
My husband wants to go to see the new movie next week so he is dragging me along, but i dont think i am going to like it. I saw the original a few weeks ago and gave up after 10 minutes. It was just so weird. I am aware the movie is very popular, but i just dont get it.

i am just hoping the new one is nothing like the old one.
mutley115 h, 42 m ago

My husband wants to go to see the new movie next week so he is dragging me …My husband wants to go to see the new movie next week so he is dragging me along, but i dont think i am going to like it. I saw the original a few weeks ago and gave up after 10 minutes. It was just so weird. I am aware the movie is very popular, but i just dont get it.i am just hoping the new one is nothing like the old one.

You might be a bit bored. I think hard sci-fi like this is a hard sell for most, the failure (so far) at the box office seems to confirm that. There were six people at the showing I went to on Saturday. It was on the biggest screen in the multiplex.
well I thought it was really good but there weren't many people at the showing we went to, I think it's bombed in terms of box office receipts... maybe they're all watching Lego Ninjas
Dark.Energy1 h, 15 m ago

well I thought it was really good but there weren't many people at the …well I thought it was really good but there weren't many people at the showing we went to, I think it's bombed in terms of box office receipts... maybe they're all watching Lego Ninjas

"The Real Reason Blade Runner 2049 Flopped At The Box Office"
(Looper; published on 9 October 2017)

Dark.Energy1 h, 32 m ago

well I thought it was really good but there weren't many people at the …well I thought it was really good but there weren't many people at the showing we went to, I think it's bombed in terms of box office receipts... maybe they're all watching Lego Ninjas

I think it'll pick up over time on Bluray. It's not out in China yet either, the last Hollywood Sci-fi flop 'Pacific Rim' got a follow-up on the strength of its showing in East Asian markets, so not all is lost.

For what it's worth, the 'kingsman' sequel isn't performing very well either. Maybe theres' a bit of blockbuster burnout going around...
Krooner9 m ago

I think it'll pick up over time on Bluray. It's not out in China yet …I think it'll pick up over time on Bluray. It's not out in China yet either, the last Hollywood Sci-fi flop 'Pacific Rim' got a follow-up on the strength of its showing in East Asian markets, so not all is lost. For what it's worth, the 'kingsman' sequel isn't performing very well either. Maybe theres' a bit of blockbuster burnout going around...

The take-up on Blu-ray Disc may (also) falter if the Director's Cut is not issued first.
fanpages2 m ago

The take-up on Blu-ray Disc may (also) falter if the Director's Cut is not …The take-up on Blu-ray Disc may (also) falter if the Director's Cut is not issued first.

Maybe, I think it'll become a de facto 4K UHD demo disc for many, regardless of which cut is released tbh.
Krooner20 m ago

I think it'll pick up over time on Bluray. It's not out in China yet …I think it'll pick up over time on Bluray. It's not out in China yet either, the last Hollywood Sci-fi flop 'Pacific Rim' got a follow-up on the strength of its showing in East Asian markets, so not all is lost. For what it's worth, the 'kingsman' sequel isn't performing very well either. Maybe theres' a bit of blockbuster burnout going around...

I actually love pacific rim. I thought it was fantastic. I saw it on tv and not at the movies.
mutley14 m ago

I actually love pacific rim. I thought it was fantastic. I saw it on tv …I actually love pacific rim. I thought it was fantastic. I saw it on tv and not at the movies.

I thought it was great too, we were just in the minority it seems. We have a lot to thank China for.
Edited by: "Krooner" 15th Oct 2017
Krooner2 m ago

I thought it was great too, we were just in the minority it seems. We have …I thought it was great too, we were just in the minority it seems. We have a lot to thank China for.

Given their obsession with creatures from the deep(er) oceans, it should not have come as a surprise that "Pacific Rim" was going to be more popular in that continent.
fanpages8 m ago

Given their obsession with creatures from the deep(er) oceans, it should …Given their obsession with creatures from the deep(er) oceans, it should not have come as a surprise that "Pacific Rim" was going to be more popular in that continent.

True. Perhaps a giant replicant in 2049 was the way to go.
Krooner14th Oct

Finally got to see this today. Amazing, couldn't be happier as a fan. …Finally got to see this today. Amazing, couldn't be happier as a fan. Looked great, sounded great, first class.

sounded great? what?! sounded crap
everyone was just a grunty 'look im so emotional' mess and the music was 'ooh drama lets play a massive 150decibel monotone for a bit'
brilly39 m ago

sounded great? what?! sounded crapeveryone was just a grunty 'look im so …sounded great? what?! sounded crapeveryone was just a grunty 'look im so emotional' mess and the music was 'ooh drama lets play a massive 150decibel monotone for a bit'

That the sound designers managed to draw you in with; "a massive 150decibel monotone" speaks for itself surely? It's a light score in terms of incidental music, but its bleakly cold and mirrors the world that it's part of. I mean, the one part of the film that could have some incidental music is played out mostly in silence. It's a smart score. It'll win the sound design oscar come March, in fact I'd bet it'll win most of the technical achievement awards.

brilly39 m ago

everyone was just a grunty 'look im so emotional' mess

I'm not sure you understood it Brilly.
Krooner1 h, 25 m ago

That the sound designers managed to draw you in with; "a massive …That the sound designers managed to draw you in with; "a massive 150decibel monotone" speaks for itself surely? It's a light score in terms of incidental music, but its bleakly cold and mirrors the world that it's part of. I mean, the one part of the film that could have some incidental music is played out mostly in silence. It's a smart score. It'll win the sound design oscar come March, in fact I'd bet it'll win most of the technical achievement awards. I'm not sure you understood it Brilly.

sorry 'drawn in'?
come off it - they should just have shouted 'ALERT ALERT DRAMA HAPPENING IN 10 MINS TIME AND UNTIL THEN WE WILL PLAY THIS SAME MESSAGE CONTINUOUSLY AT DEAFENING VOLUMES' via megaphone
other than that the music was fine though

understood? i wasn't the only one that could barely make out what they were saying at points - thats not quite the same as an error in understanding from my end

in the parts that were heard though there was the usual over emphasis on style - probably someone off set shouting 'MORE FEELING!! LOWER! GROWL IT!!'
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants