New boiler

Posted 11th Mar
hi guys,

I need to get a new boiler, does anyone have any tips? local or big company?

Apparently conventional boiler is better for our house (and cheaper) but not sure where to start.

Any help welcome.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Highly rated make, replaced mine a few years ago. Worcester offer 5 year warranty, 7 if installed by approved installer and I also was able to get a local approved installer who offered 10year warranty if I kept up annual servicing.
We have an Ideal boiler with 10 year warranty - really good . Radiators are hot in a couple of minutes. Hot water at mains pressure too. Ours is a combination boiler though. Works well in our house with two bathrooms.
yorkie1211/03/2020 17:36

We have an Ideal boiler with 10 year warranty - really good . Radiators …We have an Ideal boiler with 10 year warranty - really good . Radiators are hot in a couple of minutes. Hot water at mains pressure too. Ours is a combination boiler though. Works well in our house with two bathrooms.

Make sure you get examples of how it would look. Ask if you can get the pipes put in the cavity, makes it look so much nicer.
Thanks all. My boiler was about 30 years old (glowworm something) so i assume any one would be a big improvement but not sure how well built they are these days...
Try boxt best prices we could get and quick fitting.
There were a group of people doing house to house visits and said one can get a new boiler/ floor insulation if their existing boiler was 10yrs+ old citing some govt grants etc. There were some conditions to it - I can pass you the number if interested.

edit: sorry, forgot to mention there was sommat about being a home owner (?) and tax credits (?) and then it's free boiler + installation
Edited by: "samwants2save" 11th Mar
Try heatable and get a Viessmann installed for around £2000. Excellent boilers.
We got a Vaillant boiler. Came with a 10 year warranty. Fitter said Vaillant use metal parts inside instead of plastic, so more reliable.
Thanks all. Very helpful as always
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants