Groups
    EXPIRED

New Boiler

Central heating boiler is an its last legs - over 12 years old. How much should I expect to pay for a new boiler (to include installation)? Have a four bed semi detached and we are a family of four, based in North Wales.

7 Comments

based on an Valiant Ecotec 837 model which would probably be sufficient for you (and meets NHBC standards) you can expect that boiler to cost around £800-£900 from a good merchant. Plus, plumber would take about £200 from you for fitting it.

If you get a good deal, id say a grand at the cheapest, but expect it to maybe go up to £1500. Thats what id budget for.

Original Poster

hippyharry;6148648

based on an Valiant Ecotec 837 model which would probably be sufficient … based on an Valiant Ecotec 837 model which would probably be sufficient for you (and meets NHBC standards) you can expect that boiler to cost around £800-£900 from a good merchant. Plus, plumber would take about £200 from you for fitting it.If you get a good deal, id say a grand at the cheapest, but expect it to maybe go up to £1500. Thats what id budget for.

Many thanks for the feedback - have British Gas coming round to quote me. Always good to have some insight into what I should be charged.

12 years old and on it's last legs, are you sure it can't be repaired?
    I'd say if you need a new boiler your looking closer to £1500 supply and fit (dependent on which model)
    Remember the plumber will have to flush your whole system out which can take a good 4/5 hours to do plus chemicals.

hsbi;6148680

Many thanks for the feedback - have British Gas coming round to quote me. … Many thanks for the feedback - have British Gas coming round to quote me. Always good to have some insight into what I should be charged.

British Gas uaually are at the top end of prices, so bear this in mind, it willl at least give you a ball aprk figure to start with. :thumbsup:

Remeber to get at least 3 quotes and check they are all on the gas safe register.

gassaferegister.co.uk/

my dad has just had a new boiler put in ,,,,he paid £2.700 which included boiler and fittin,,,,,,and he only has a 2 bed bungalow..

would never get a Vailant, had to call out the engineers in excess of 10 times in 6 months because it kept breaking down

would highly recommend a Worcester, never hadd any problems in the 5 years I've had it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.68
      2. Jury service1823
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      4. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44

See more discussions