Expired

new boiler but which one to go for? baxi or bosch?

Found 22nd Sep 2013
hi im due to have a new boiler in a few weeks but unsure which one? baxi potterton titanium with 7yrs waranty , baxi gold? 2yrs, worcester bosch 28? there only £100 different between the models
i keep seeing vaillant poping up on forums unsure if to quote this boiler? the only problem is the more i look the more i see that they both have problems of some sort.
can anyone advice me which is best etc
thanks
Community Updates
18 Comments
I asked a similar question a week ago. I've opted for a Bosch as it comes with a 7 year parts and labour warranty and from what people have said on here, they seem quite reliable. Got mine being fitted tomorrow morning.. just in time for the warm week ahead.
Hi. I had a baxi duo tech 28 fitted to my apartment last year. That is a great boiler. Really efficient and heats up instantly. I got it extra amply cheap as my brother works for them making the boiler. But Bosch are also good
ok thanks forgot to add it run 7 rads and im in a semi 3bed if that helps
Madferrit

I asked a similar question a week ago. I've opted for a Bosch as it comes … I asked a similar question a week ago. I've opted for a Bosch as it comes with a 7 year parts and labour warranty and from what people have said on here, they seem quite reliable. Got mine being fitted tomorrow morning.. just in time for the warm week ahead.

ok is this the 28 model? im told 5yrs not 7?
My boiler runs 6 rads without any problems at all they all heat up super fast. And yeah it's the duo tech 28 model
sme24185

ok is this the 28 model? im told 5yrs not 7?

No Sorry.. mine is the top model. Needs to power 20 rads. Possibly with the smaller boilers you might only get 5 years.
ok thanks ppl you had any probs with pcb on the baxi?
i also have a baxi and it really does heat up very quickly, i have 8 rads.
What does PCB stand for?
steandzoe

What does PCB stand for?

It is like a circuit board same as motherboard in computers.
steandzoe

What does PCB stand for?

sorry for to write full description it is a "printed circuit board"
hi being a gas safe engineer and repair engineer heres a few thoughts. baxi bosch vaillant are all good boilers. vaillant have a common divereter fault and pcb problems, Worcester are generally the more reliable but do come up with problems every now and then, baxi are my preffered choice as they also heve problems but unlike the two others parts are very resonably priced compared to vaillant and worcester. it not worth the extra buying the titanium as they built pretty much the same. if u do opt for baxi buy the main boiler owned buy baxi and is exactly the same boiler but alot cheaper. also another boiler not on many peoples list as its quite unknown is intergas google search the reviews u will be suprised. boilers can go wrong anytime but if u choose from any of the 4 options u be ok. if it was my house i would install a baxi but if the customer wants to pay the extra then i would have to recommend Worcester.
kash2013

hi being a gas safe engineer and repair engineer heres a few thoughts. … hi being a gas safe engineer and repair engineer heres a few thoughts. baxi bosch vaillant are all good boilers. vaillant have a common divereter fault and pcb problems, Worcester are generally the more reliable but do come up with problems every now and then, baxi are my preffered choice as they also heve problems but unlike the two others parts are very resonably priced compared to vaillant and worcester. it not worth the extra buying the titanium as they built pretty much the same. if u do opt for baxi buy the main boiler owned buy baxi and is exactly the same boiler but alot cheaper. also another boiler not on many peoples list as its quite unknown is intergas google search the reviews u will be suprised. boilers can go wrong anytime but if u choose from any of the 4 options u be ok. if it was my house i would install a baxi but if the customer wants to pay the extra then i would have to recommend Worcester.

thanks i want something with long waranty thats why im thinking baxi titanium as the gold only 2yr
Had my baxi DuoTec for 5± years now and never had a problem. It is heating 10 radiators. Im sure it's the he28.
Had my floor standing Ideal boiler for 30 years only had to change the thermocouple twice. Used a universal one that cost £4 and did it myself. You can keep your modern boilers
Thanks people
I would keep my back boiler but its costly to use and I want s log burnee in its place so I want it out its just that every forum I look on I cant find many good things aboyt the baxi (unless im looking on the wrong ones) lol
alway go with worcester in my opinion I have had one for year when I moveI had one installed immediately no hesitation
We have a Feranti combi, been running for over 20 years now and although I keep thinking we would save perhaps 30% on gas bills if we replaced it, still don't like the idea of forking out £1-2,000 for a new one :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions