New boiler price??

Found 21st Oct 2015
Hi there guys I was just wondering what is the average price that people are paying for a new boiler to be put onto an existibng system so no new rad's just the boiler and flue?, so im talking about supply and fit. Many thanks in advance.

24 Comments

I would imagine it depends where you live and how fancy a boiler you want

Original Poster

lol yeah true im just talking standard boiler maybe I should just say how much fitting should cost then.

Civichyde

lol yeah true im just talking standard boiler maybe I should just say how … lol yeah true im just talking standard boiler maybe I should just say how much fitting should cost then.

That was the type of reply I recently had from the guy who fixes my boiler when we asked about a new one,prices start from a grand I think he said,we are in Manchester.

Ive just had an "Ideal" 32Kw boiler supplied and fitted for 1450.

Original Poster

Was that including the system being cleaned and everything as well? also is the ideal 32Kw as standard combi boiler?

Edited by: "Civichyde" 21st Oct 2015

my sister just had a 3yr guarentee boiler fitted in her rental flat for £1100, thats mates rates, simple swap over, 1 day job.

another example, a friend had old boiler upgraded to combi, involved alot of work cost £3200.

i would think you should expect to pay around £1500 - £2000k max depending on type of boiler

BobIzYaUncle

my sister just had a 3yr guarentee boiler fitted in her rental flat for … my sister just had a 3yr guarentee boiler fitted in her rental flat for £1100, thats mates rates, simple swap over, 1 day job.another example, a friend had old boiler upgraded to combi, involved alot of work cost £3200. i would think you should expect to pay around £1500 - £2000k max depending on type of boiler

Surely it also depends on whether you live darn sarth or up north

approx £1500 for a mid range boiler - cheaper for a DIY shed boiler and more for the likes of Viessmann

also is your existing boiler a condensing boiler - if not you will have added costs for the condensate drain

Look for one of the few boilers on the market with so called "4 moving part" contruction - these have far fewer parts to go wrong !!!! no divertor valve for example

and yes - your location would help ! I base my prices on The Midlands

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 21st Oct 2015

Original Poster

I'm unfortunately down south in hertfordshire and I don't think mine is a condensing boiler it's a glowworm around 9 - 10 years old I think it was there when I moved in it is a combination boiler though.

elitom

approx £1500 for a mid range boiler - cheaper for a DIY shed boiler and … approx £1500 for a mid range boiler - cheaper for a DIY shed boiler and more for the likes of Viessmannalso is your existing boiler a condensing boiler - if not you will have added costs for the condensate drainLook for one of the few boilers on the market with so called "4 moving part" contruction - these have far fewer parts to go wrong !!!! no divertor valve for example :)and yes - your location would help ! I base my prices on The MidlandsEliTom

I just checked with OH,he said the guy quoted us 1300 for one fitted with a 7 year warranty.

We already have a Viessmann & I wouldn't recommend them,had quite a few problems with mine although it is 8 years old now,our boiler guy used to recommend them but he doesn't now

deb8z

I just checked with OH,he said the guy quoted us 1300 for one fitted with … I just checked with OH,he said the guy quoted us 1300 for one fitted with a 7 year warranty.We already have a Viessmann & I wouldn't recommend them,had quite a few problems with mine although it is 8 years old now,our boiler guy used to recommend them but he doesn't now

yes Viessmann did have a good reputation - but like many traditional boilers they use many moving parts and also a secodary heat exchanger for hot water - these are the parts that give problems

There are also mixed views on Worcester Bosch - some love them so hate them - but they are now built to a price because WB biggest cutsomer is British Gas !!

I have an Intergas 4 moving part boiler that is 5 years old and has never missed a beat

Ferroli now do a similar boiler, and althpough Ferroli had a bad reputation they have poured a lot of money into improving reliability

Just rememer to get the full longer warranties you will need to use a manufacturer approved installer and some manufactureres insist on an expensive power flush, whuch can do more damage than good

so it will be a balance of boiler cost / who can install it / warranty pre-conditions

OP - how old is your current boiler / rad instalation

EliTom

Original Poster

my current boiler is around 9-10 years old (known on the basis of a gas safety engineers asumption) it was there when we moved in 4 years ago its a glow worm combi boiler. The rad instalation im not sure about as there is no benchmark book to know any detail's like that.

Any boiler is only as good as the installer fitting it. If he's doing it in a day then he's crap and will be cutting corners.

A straight combi swap will be a good two days work, expect to pay £1000 for average boiler/flue etc, then £300 /day for labour as a minimum.

ATAG, Intergas, and Ideal are the boilers to look for, probably in that order.

themorgatron

Any boiler is only as good as the installer fitting it. If he's doing it … Any boiler is only as good as the installer fitting it. If he's doing it in a day then he's crap and will be cutting corners.A straight combi swap will be a good two days work, expect to pay £1000 for average boiler/flue etc, then £300 /day for labour as a minimum.ATAG, Intergas, and Ideal are the boilers to look for, probably in that order.

A day,the last one I had fitted took half a day

themorgatron

Any boiler is only as good as the installer fitting it. If he's doing it … Any boiler is only as good as the installer fitting it. If he's doing it in a day then he's crap and will be cutting corners.A straight combi swap will be a good two days work, expect to pay £1000 for average boiler/flue etc, then £300 /day for labour as a minimum.ATAG, Intergas, and Ideal are the boilers to look for, probably in that order.

Just out of interest - why ATAG over Intergas as I see ATAG still usea plate DHW HX and divertor valve? That was my attraction to teh Intergas concept! Although I now see Intergas spares have shot up in price

EliTom

elitom

Just out of interest - why ATAG over Intergas as I see ATAG still usea … Just out of interest - why ATAG over Intergas as I see ATAG still usea plate DHW HX and divertor valve? That was my attraction to teh Intergas concept! Although I now see Intergas spares have shot up in price :(EliTom

Mostly because of the built in pre-heat of the incoming cold, boosting hot water performance and efficiency. Also I like their business model. (I believe Viessmann wanted to do similar when entering the UK market, but never followed through).

I purchased my boiler online for £850 then payed £350 for installation. the first thing the installer asked was if the gas supply to the original boiler was 22mm .

Original Poster

zoeandjack15

I purchased my boiler online for £850 then payed £350 for installation. t … I purchased my boiler online for £850 then payed £350 for installation. the first thing the installer asked was if the gas supply to the original boiler was 22mm .

​shouldn't the engineer be able to find that out that's why your employing him lol

2 day install for a boiler? They need to crack on!!
Edited by: "Hallsie" 21st Oct 2015

Banned

It's free if your boiler is over 7 years and if you earn under £16,000 and claim working or child tax credit.

If not your looking at £1400 for a boiler with 2 years warranty, a top boiler with 5 years warranty is £1800, all depends on who you choose

sofiasar

It's free if your boiler is over 7 years and if you earn under £16,000 … It's free if your boiler is over 7 years and if you earn under £16,000 and claim working or child tax credit.If not your looking at £1400 for a boiler with 2 years warranty, a top boiler with 5 years warranty is £1800, all depends on who you choose

Who and how do you get in contact if you earn less than £16k? Thanks

sofiasar

It's free if your boiler is over 7 years and if you earn under £16,000 … It's free if your boiler is over 7 years and if you earn under £16,000 and claim working or child tax credit.If not your looking at £1400 for a boiler with 2 years warranty, a top boiler with 5 years warranty is £1800, all depends on who you choose

If this link is correct someone who gets working tax credit can't just get it if they earn less than 16,000 you have to have additional criteria.

freeheating.co.uk/who…nts

Original Poster

thanks for all the info I can't get a free boiler as I'm not eligible as earn over the amount anyway but good info for people that meet the criteria.

I had an old boiler replaced with an ecotec 831 vailant boiler, it cost me £2200 parts and fitting included.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants