New Broadband

Posted 10th Dec 2019
Recently on the way out of my 18 months BT got about 4 weeks left so time to look . They retained me for another year at £27 when I called up to see how long I had left and they offered me a new contract £40 instead ... as BT sport is now chargeable . I’m looking about for a fibre deal speeds 60+ . I’ve been on uswitch but I’ve been with BT that long I don’t know who is decent anymore

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
virgin do good speeds but not avaible everywhere. get iptv for the sports will work out much cheaper...
Check virgin fibre if its available in your area
I’ve been with Sky Fibre for years and have had no issues (unable to get Virgin Media where I live )

I currently pay £27 inc line rental for 80mb
Edited by: "rofiquel" 11th Dec 2019
Can’t get virgin unfortunately in my area
rofiquel11/12/2019 07:23

I’ve been with Sky Fibre for years and have had no issues (unable to get V …I’ve been with Sky Fibre for years and have had no issues (unable to get Virgin Media where I live )I currently pay £27 inc line rental for 80mb

Quite a good deal that
Sky/Now are certainly worth considering. I felt BT's support and service was very marginally better, and their routers certainly were better, but you don't have to use the supplied sky/now one and I find it more convenient to stick with the same router anyway.

I swapped back and forth between BT, Sky fibre and NowTV fibre (actually also Sky) every year when my contract ended for several years to get the discounted rental as a new customer, and cashback and other incentives for signing up via topcashback, quidco or comparison sites.

Currently I'm on an 18 month contract with Plusnet, which I'm a bit less keen on.
Can you wait till boxing day sales? Just 15 days, there will be some good deals i think
melted11/12/2019 17:54

Sky/Now are certainly worth considering. I felt BT's support and service …Sky/Now are certainly worth considering. I felt BT's support and service was very marginally better, and their routers certainly were better, but you don't have to use the supplied sky/now one and I find it more convenient to stick with the same router anyway.I swapped back and forth between BT, Sky fibre and NowTV fibre (actually also Sky) every year when my contract ended for several years to get the discounted rental as a new customer, and cashback and other incentives for signing up via topcashback, quidco or comparison sites. Currently I'm on an 18 month contract with Plusnet, which I'm a bit less keen on.

I have a sky q set up (tv ends nov 2020) and the fibre is up for renewal next month. They have offered me the 35mb package at £24pm for an 18 month contract but now tv is £25 on a 12 month contract. Is the equipment identical between the two do you know? as I would prefer a 12 month contract but not at the cost of speed/ customer service
ndksamb28/12/2019 16:44

I have a sky q set up (tv ends nov 2020) and the fibre is up for renewal …I have a sky q set up (tv ends nov 2020) and the fibre is up for renewal next month. They have offered me the 35mb package at £24pm for an 18 month contract but now tv is £25 on a 12 month contract. Is the equipment identical between the two do you know? as I would prefer a 12 month contract but not at the cost of speed/ customer service

The Now hub is the same hardware as the second version of the Sky Q hub (ER115 I think), but I seem to recall reading Sky released a new hub with better wifi and 4 ethernet ports instead of 2 (not sure if customers still get to own the new model, or have to return it), while Now TV customers will still be getting their version of the ER115.

You should be able to use your Sky VDSL router on a Now TV VDSL (fibre) connection.
Edited by: "melted" 28th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions