Groups
    EXPIRED

New BT Homehub - Free Upgrade?

Hi, after seeing the look of the new BT Homehub (the black 2.0 one) I wanted to upgrade my current one (White 1.0)

BT have given me a freephone number to call ---- 0800 328 2152, however, does anybody know if BT charge for upgrading?

14 Comments

ring em and find out lol

if they do then just decline the upgrade

yep, its £45

or if your out of contract threaten to leave and they will offer you it.

and call 01324452696 to get directly through to Customer Options Team (retentions)

Original Poster

lol, I was going to but I thought I'd ask first before waiting hours in a queue line

Original Poster

Ok, thanks for the info nono

ring the number i posted, its a internal number so no messing around with press 1 for this 2 for that

Yes they do;

shop.bt.com/pro…910

The only way to get t for free would be to end your contract with them and sign up for a new one, if your homehub gets damaged in some way (say a firmware upgrade bricked it) they may replace it with the new one but i'm not sure

white will be replaced with white until stock runs out

Original Poster

My contract expires next year, so I guess the Home Hub might take 'a fall' :whistling:

No charge it's free to upgrade but you start a new 12/18month contract again

Banned

Just a point to note - If you're intending to pay for this purchase as an upgrade to your current contract, the deal at £45 only refers to the hub, the hub phone is another £39.99 on top.

nono2522;2618451

yep, its £45 or if your out of contract threaten to leave and they will … yep, its £45 or if your out of contract threaten to leave and they will offer you it.and call 01324452696 to get directly through to Customer Options Team (retentions)

quite an old thread i dug up here, but just called this number and getting a free HH2.0. thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

If anyone is willing to recontract they will get an inclusive home hub 2.

As well as a speed increase if ASDL2+ is available in your area

Just found thread after a quick search for exactly this.
    Rang the 01324452696 number quoted above, spoke to a very helpful advisor in a UK callcentre, who agreed instantly to send a new Hub 2 on the agreement to a new 12 month contract. She also dropped the price we were paying for Option 2 broadband by £5 a month for the next 12 months, without being asked to!
    I had to fend off various offers for BT Vision, but the advisor was only doing her job!
    Many thanks to the posters above, especially for the number that saved me going through a foreign call centre!!

i found the forum as I wanted to upgrade to the new homehub as it has 4 ethernet connections, while the one I have (the old one) only has 2 and I have 3 devices.

I have just used the phone number quoted above, got through to a very helpful lady at a UK call centre, signed up to a new 12 contract which means that I get the new hub for free and save £5 per month on my current package!

Just registered so that I could say thanks and confirm that this discussion thread is a winner!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764289
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31151
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846196
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917264

See more discussions