New Build - Coach House

Found 22nd Nov 2011
Can someone explain to me what exactly a "Coach House" is? I have been looking at new build houses and Coach Houses keep coming up.

I have never heard of a Coach House before but it appears to be a house (more of a flat I guess) above two or three garages. I am assuming one garage belongs to the "Coach House" and the other garages belong to other houses nearby? It is hard to work out because most of the pictures are "artists impressions".

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

you pretty much got it, however make enquiries, as the parking arrangements will differ from property to property

Banned

Here's a thought - contact the builder to ask?

Original Poster

dimebars

Here's a thought - contact the builder to ask?

I have but I haven't heard back yet and was just wondering if anyone knew.

i thought coach house meant a old horsey carriage shed type building converted into a nicer type slum with windows.

Not sure I'd fancy 3 other peoples garages directly below my flat oO

greg_68

yeah, pot luck youll get someone revving their Ninja everyday

Banned

greg_68

If it's life in a flat you want, i'd take living above a couple of garages over living in a block of flats with other tenants above/below or above a kebab shop...

Yeah thats its, its about being over garages or opening for a car, some it might just be your own garage on the bottom floor and you living space above on 1 or 2 floors. Will differ in design for each one though.

This one is a little different to the norm:
http://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/5BD97D50-71E1-43A1-9EB0-648F14B9808E/133572/Coach_House_TWDCGI4470.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions