Found 14th Jan 2007
My car is a 1.1, i love it to bits, its just a bit to slow, test drove a 1.3 the other day and was in heaven

Someone has now offered me a 1.4 engine, for my car obviously, but i dunno about any of this sort of stuff, have any of you done it with success?

And yes, im aware its a mod, and my insurance will go up

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Your looking at about £1000 worth of work, if not more.

You haven't said what make and model of car you own??...you must consider whether the cost of the upgrade is economic...much depends on the value of the car.

Original Poster

currychops

You haven't said what make and model of car you own??...you must consider … You haven't said what make and model of car you own??...you must consider whether the cost of the upgrade is economic...much depends on the value of the car.

Nah, its not worth having it done, found a 1.4 version for sale not so far away, makes more sense just to buy that

Joshanna

Nah, its not worth having it done, found a 1.4 version for sale not so … Nah, its not worth having it done, found a 1.4 version for sale not so far away, makes more sense just to buy that

Yes I thought that would be the better move....best of luck with the sale of your 1.1...if you decide to sell!

Original Poster

currychops

Yes I thought that would be the better move....best of luck with the sale … Yes I thought that would be the better move....best of luck with the sale of your 1.1...if you decide to sell!

Dont think i will, me and my mum will still run it between us, shes too good to let go

is this a metro? a 1,3 wont fit into a 1.1, you want a 1.4.
if you know a mechanic then its pretty cheap, just buy a rusty write off and take engine. carefull though, many are written off because of head gasket failure

Original Poster

shanecr

is this a metro? a 1,3 wont fit into a 1.1, you want a 1.4. if you know a … is this a metro? a 1,3 wont fit into a 1.1, you want a 1.4. if you know a mechanic then its pretty cheap, just buy a rusty write off and take engine. carefull though, many are written off because of head gasket failure

I didnt say what 1.3 i drove the other day :giggle:
It was actually a fiesta 1.3 :giggle:

Just making enquirys into a new car, seems a better option

Original Poster

MBeeching

Not tempted to convert your Metro into an Audi … Not tempted to convert your Metro into an Audi TT?http://www.haydn-automation.co.uk/Car.htmPlease don't by the way

That is pretty special!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Amazon deliveries24
    2. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    3. Computer upgrades89
    4. Invisalign dental braces in London22

See more discussions