Groups
    EXPIRED

New Car, First Service. Price ?

Got my service reminder through the letter box this morning for my 59 Suzuki Swift which is due for its first service. I've just called our local Suzuki dealer and been given a quote of £145 so a couple of questions. Is this resonable for a first service ? Does a car have to be serviced at a Suzuki Dealer to maintain the Warranty ?

Thanks in advance !

6 Comments

Sounds normal. Only need to use official parts for it to maintain warranty. So you can use a different garage, just make sure they can stamp that they use all the right parts.

Original Poster

sdavi3680

Sounds normal. Only need to use official parts for it to maintain … Sounds normal. Only need to use official parts for it to maintain warranty. So you can use a different garage, just make sure they can stamp that they use all the right parts.

Brilliant, thanks for your help ! I'll start contacting other garages then.

It needs to also be a VAT registered garage

The most expensive part of a service is the Oil change.

The price charged by the garage can be as much as £20 per LITER.

Check out with the garage first as to what the options are.

They usually say that they need to change on the first service.

Your call really.

Banned

deanos

It needs to also be a VAT registered garage

eh? Never heard that before.

csiman

eh? Never heard that before.

If you need to keep the warranty going it has to be a VAT registered as far as im aware, otherwise you could just make up any invoice and say joe blogs did it and they have closed down, with a VAT receipt there is a trace to see if it did or not exist
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764233
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31142
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846177
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…45

See more discussions