Groups

NEW CAR SAT NAV

I know I am probably a dinosaur but need impartial advice

Need to replace my car. Looking at cars 2-3 yrs old. Going through the adverts, some cars have sat nav already installed. I know you can buy sat navs which can be updated etc but what happens with those already built in. How can they be updated?

Is it better in the long run, to get a car without built in sat nav and buy your own separately.

It was a Nissan Almera I was looking at.

5 Comments

AFAIK all almera's come with sat nav built in so you have no choice!

Tbh sat navs are getting better every month so really an inbuilt sat nav will be dated pretty quick - the old look of the map view will be disappearing
    http://www.inkycircus.com/jargon/images/satnav.jpg

Soon to be replaced with something a little more high tech - google earth esque

http://www.satnavs.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/ndrive_sat_nav.jpg

To have a fixed Sat nav is far less versatile.We have been able to use our 'portable' device for different appications - My husband has used to whilst out on his motor-bike. We have tracked a journeys from inside the house, in restraunts and taken it on journeys in other peoples vehicles. My daughter has used it in conjunction with mapreading projects.

Pros and cons to both. Of course if you have inbuilt, nothing is stopping you from using a portable one in the future. However, they normally update using a CD or DVD which is changed.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;2525205

Pros and cons to both. Of course if you have inbuilt, nothing is stopping … Pros and cons to both. Of course if you have inbuilt, nothing is stopping you from using a portable one in the future. However, they normally update using a CD or DVD which is changed.

That looks promising, any more info on how it works.

TBH it would not influence whether I get the car or not but was curious
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ebid over Ebay67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764193
      3. What do these 2 men have in common11
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156

See more discussions