Found 8th Jan
So my Citroen C1 lease is ending in March. I found the deal in here,it was the £43 per month on a 24month contract with an 8000 miles allowance.

Great car,thoroughly enjoyed,awesome in the town and good on long journeys too,even done a trip to France last year.

Looking for a similar deal, under £100 pm and a max. £500 upfront payment. Not looking for a particular model,the financial part I'd say is a bit more important.

Not many lease deals posted on the site in the last couple of months..had a look on couple of lease websites but nothing spectacular. Any help is greatly appreciated

29 Comments

How do you manage to keep the milage under 8000 when you do long journeys including France, with 8000 miles I would feel like I could hardly use the car. This is why I went for a brand new dacia for only £5995 otr so I was not limited to miles.

What was the upfront payment on the c1?
Edited by: "POWYSWALES" 8th Jan

POWYSWALES

How do you manage to keep the milage under 8000 when you do long journeys … How do you manage to keep the milage under 8000 when you do long journeys including France, with 8000 miles I would feel like I could hardly use the car. This is why I went for a brand new dacia for only £5995 otr so I was not limited to miles. What was the upfront payment on the c1?

Must keep it on the drive 48 weeks of the year. Would hate to be tied to limited mileage personally.

118luke

Not many posted? Seen plenty in the last few … Not many posted? Seen plenty in the last few weeks:http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/car-lease

X) HUKD search hasn't half improved X)

POWYSWALES

How do you manage to keep the milage under 8000 when you do long journeys … How do you manage to keep the milage under 8000 when you do long journeys including France, with 8000 miles I would feel like I could hardly use the car. This is why I went for a brand new dacia for only £5995 otr so I was not limited to miles. What was the upfront payment on the c1?

Maybe they're retired?

Can see Students and Pensioners (or second car?) sticking to 8000k

118luke

Not many posted? Seen plenty in the last few … Not many posted? Seen plenty in the last few weeks:http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/car-lease

Thanks, I went for the colgate oO

118luke

Must keep it on the drive 48 weeks of the year. Would hate to be tied to … Must keep it on the drive 48 weeks of the year. Would hate to be tied to limited mileage personally.

​why do u think it's funny to make fun of people whom don't drive lots of miles what are u a taxi driver or something. maybe they live in a better place and don't need travel loads of miles to work and school etc. 8000k miles for me would be adequate I work about 4 miles away the school runs about 3 miles total so don't need to take car all the time and same with local shops within walking distance so I could travel to France and back and other areas easily on the 8k.

Original Poster

I think a 8000 miles allowance per annum is enough,I didn't feel restricted at all,use the car for daily commute and social driving..I've done 14908 miles so far..still 2 months left

ionuttd

I think a 8000 miles allowance per annum is enough,I didn't feel … I think a 8000 miles allowance per annum is enough,I didn't feel restricted at all,use the car for daily commute and social driving..I've done 14908 miles so far..still 2 months left

​what will total cost be at the end of this to u.

Original Poster

POWYSWALES

Upfront payment was £1200

Original Poster

muddassarsardar

​what will total cost be at the end of this to u.

Total cost would be 24x43+1200=£2232 it was a pretty awesome deal,if I could get something similar would snap it straight away,although the upfront payment was quite high it kept the monthly payment low
Thanks HotUKDeals for the deal

muddassarsardar

​why do u think it's funny to make fun of people whom don't drive lots of … ​why do u think it's funny to make fun of people whom don't drive lots of miles what are u a taxi driver or something. maybe they live in a better place and don't need travel loads of miles to work and school etc. 8000k miles for me would be adequate I work about 4 miles away the school runs about 3 miles total so don't need to take car all the time and same with local shops within walking distance so I could travel to France and back and other areas easily on the 8k.

Lucky you.
To be honest if you don't do that many miles, what the point in you having a car? There are trains/plains that go to France and by the sounds of everything else, you must be able to walk everywhere or get by on buses. Would help free up capacity on the road for people that actually need to use it.

Some of us do around 25-30k miles per year as some jobs require national travelling on a regular basis, and no - im not a taxi driver. Even if i diddn't do high mileage, i still wouldn't like to feel restricted in how much i can use my car.

having a quick Google I can't seem find anything under 100 quid for 24 months lease

118luke

Lucky you. To be honest if you don't do that many miles, what the point … Lucky you. To be honest if you don't do that many miles, what the point in you having a car? There are trains/plains that go to France and by the sounds of everything else, you must be able to walk everywhere or get by on buses. Would help free up capacity on the road for people that actually need to use it.Some of us do around 25-30k miles per year as some jobs require national travelling on a regular basis, and no - im not a taxi driver. Even if i diddn't do high mileage, i still wouldn't like to feel restricted in how much i can use my car.

​well public transport costs more than having my own car and with the amount of time it takes I rather keep my car. I thought people whom travel a lot use public transport as that would make it cheaper I personally think public transport should be free aa it is a public service and not private. paying a bus drivers a bit more than minimum wages and similar to other workers I just wonder what they spend all the money on and then still moan we don't have enough of it.

ionuttd

Total cost would be 24x43+1200=£2232 it was a pretty awesome deal,if I … Total cost would be 24x43+1200=£2232 it was a pretty awesome deal,if I could get something similar would snap it straight away,although the upfront payment was quite high it kept the monthly payment lowThanks HotUKDeals for the deal

Was the zero admin fee specific to the deal or specific to the lease company? Is the zero admin fee still available? An admin fee can often appear disproportionately high on a low cost lease.

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

Was the zero admin fee specific to the deal or specific to the lease … Was the zero admin fee specific to the deal or specific to the lease company? Is the zero admin fee still available? An admin fee can often appear disproportionately high on a low cost lease.

It was leased from Citroen Edinburgh that's why no admin fee...live in London and they delivered the car for free which was nice,the lease contract is with PSA Finance

have u asked them if they can do a similar deal for u again

Bit sad the people calling someone out for not doing a lot of mileage, everyone is different and has different needs..

I live rural, do all the school runs, 30 miles to my nearest proper town, drove to France and back on hols and yet somehow I dont really do more than 10,000 a year.. I guess i dont deserve a car either..

Just a thought have asked about extending the lease, assuming you would want to ? With your mileage & liking the car you may be surprised at the payment. I also did a HUKD lease deal for a Qashqai & wanted to change last summer ....long story but decided to inquire about extending as I was running out of time & got a surprisingly good terms for a further 12 months, still think they made a mistake but not complaining. You may find the payments are a lot more but as I say mine were good and my previous lease did not allow extension but may be worth checking.

Original Poster

I've emailed them a couple of days ago asking about any new lease offers, also about extending the lease, I think I'll get a reply on Monday, I don't keep my hopes up on a similar lease deal as I think that was a one-off, but I'd be happy to extend it for another 12 months or get a new car(isn't that the whole purpose of leasing, get a new car every 2-3 years)
The new C3 looks very interesting, also fancy a C4 Cactus too
Edited by: "ionuttd" 8th Jan

I do about 7k miles a year, including driving to and from work. Deals with restricted miles suit me brilliantly. I always had Ford's and handed cars back no problem. Looking to change to a Juke the next time though.

I tried to do my calculations but I don't live here long enough to be able do this correctly. Is it good choice if you think about money only compared to used few years old car? I mean, really, money only. I know, brand new is just new, with warranty and stuff. But on the other hand you cannot do anything inside, like change stereo, speakers; I think you have to be very careful with this car on car parks because any damage will cost you a lot after lease period isn't it? What I am not sure are insurance prices, is it cheaper to insure brand new on lease car, then similar/same one but 3-5 years old?

teh arn

Maybe they're retired?Can see Students and Pensioners (or second car?) … Maybe they're retired?Can see Students and Pensioners (or second car?) sticking to 8000k

I'm a student and my last years milage was 20k some of us commute to uni/placements you know

mattsokolinski

I'm a student and my last years milage was 20k some of us commute to … I'm a student and my last years milage was 20k some of us commute to uni/placements you know

I never said that you didn't?

Pentagon are offering the Seat Mii for £99 deposit and £99 per month over four years, if that's any good?

Can't the same lease company offer you an equivalent or similar deal? I would have thought they would try to keep your custom if you tell them you want to stay with them if they can do something similar for you.

Parkers have a lease part on the site good comparison on prices

under 8k is reasonable. I do approx 2-3k miles a year. I don't see how people do tens of thousands of miles a day unless you commute across the country daily?

118luke

To be honest if you don't do that many miles, what the point in you … To be honest if you don't do that many miles, what the point in you having a car? There are trains/plains that go to France and by the sounds of everything else, you must be able to walk everywhere or get by on buses. Would help free up capacity on the road for people that actually need to use it.Some of us do around 25-30k miles per year as some jobs require national travelling on a regular basis, and no - im not a taxi driver. Even if i diddn't do high mileage, i still wouldn't like to feel restricted in how much i can use my car.

How rude to state that you think low mileage users shouldn't have a car so that you can have the road freed up? What makes you more important just because you do high mileage?

If we removed all the cars that did over 25k a year the roads would be much better for the low mileage users.

Mine is probably a similar low mileage situation.

We have a car and a campervan. We do about 7-8k a year in the campervan and about 5k a year in the car. My commute to work is about 2.5 miles but the roads aren't safe to walk, I also have to carry a lot to a from work so walking/cycling wouldn't be possible and public transport (if it existed in that direction) wouldn't be practical. I also have hobbies to go to, again public transport doesn't go to these places. My lifestyle simply wouldn't be possible without a car.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313902
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769662
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247681
    4. The Walking Dead Thread (opinion, spoilers Rumors)74574

See more discussions