Found 21st May 2011
I am looking at my first car (something with a small engine) since coming out of university and i am considering getting one on finance for 3 years but need the first year free of insurance at least. I have no 'no claims bonus'. Any help would be great..

Thanks
Addy

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
17 Comments

You only want the first year free oO

Good luck.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Get one with free or subsidised insurance

Any idea who is doing this?

jtx

You only want the first year free oOGood luck.

Well more if possible... but it's a struggle finding one

whatsThePoint

Get one with free or subsidised insurance

jtx

You only want the first year free oOGood luck.

this thread proves what i tend to think...that some people who come out of university have all the qualifications you could want but when it comes to the real world......i have never heard of any garage that will give you a car free for a year nevermind any longer than that

Banned

Car dealers aren't DFS you muppet. You may get free insurance but this depends on your age and the car.

And how you paying the payments with no job?

Why do we even bother with education?, it is money wasted.

Banned

Many uni students are like donkeys carrying books, learned imbeciles who memorise things but either cant apply what they know or have no common sense.

This is not a dig at the op btw, just saying.

I have a degree and sure it's helped me out but i personally think my time would have been better spent buying more houses when the prices were cheaper.

Original Poster

dimebars

Car dealers aren't DFS you muppet. You may get free insurance but this … Car dealers aren't DFS you muppet. You may get free insurance but this depends on your age and the car. And how you paying the payments with no job?

I have got a job, don't be presumptuous. Damn keyboard warriors.

Inactive

Why do we even bother with education?, it is money wasted.

i agree... utter sh*te
Elton Chong

Many uni students are like donkeys carrying books, learned imbeciles who … Many uni students are like donkeys carrying books, learned imbeciles who memorise things but either cant apply what they know or have no common sense. This is not a dig at the op btw, just saying.I have a degree and sure it's helped me out but i personally think my time would have been better spent buying more houses when the prices were cheaper.

100% agree... the only education i have paid for and it has been the worst
Edited by: "addyliver" 21st May 2011

Banned

Congrats on having a job. It obviously doesn't involve working in the real world with any common sense.

Good luck in finding a DFS car dealer. Clown

Banned

surely the OP doesnt expect a car up front for a year with no payments? Dont they just mean insurance?

(I hope they do else this country is doomed!)

Banned

Have to be 21+ for free insurance

youngmarmalade.co.uk/
Edited by: "lumoruk" 21st May 2011

Banned

See nothing wrong with the OP, seems some have jumped in too quickly to have a go...

Original Poster

Thanks to those that helped, to those that didn't shame on you

Banned

master_chief

See nothing wrong with the OP, seems some have jumped in too quickly to … See nothing wrong with the OP, seems some have jumped in too quickly to have a go...

Its been updated, thats why.

The bold part below wasnt there originally

I am looking at my first car (something with a small engine) since coming out of university and i am considering getting one on finance for 3 years but need the first year free of insurance at least.

addyliver

I didn't help. Your original op said you wanted to buy a car on finance without paying anything for a year. To me this would imply that you simply can't afford a car, let alone a new one.

My advise would be to buy a cheap car and insure it, then try and save the money that you would've spent on finance payments.

Again, good luck.

addyliver

You obviously cannot afford a new car, so why bother asking?

Original Poster

Inactive

You obviously cannot afford a new car, so why bother asking?

:---------------(
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    2. Whey protien629
    3. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    4. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68

See more discussions