New Clarks shoes with crease

Found 7th Dec 2012
Hi guys,
I purchased a pair of Axle Wall Clarks and after wearing them 4 times (less than 24 hours overall) I found the following problems.
A very unconfortable crease has appeared inside both shoes (see picture) which makes me think that my socks are creased, so while I walk I constantly pull my socks up.
Of course the socks are ok, it's the crease that drives me crazy.
Also, after the first two days usage, the shoes gave in, like the leather had collapsed.
Also, the heel was somehow sinking into my foot making walking very painful.
It seemed like I was standing on a step edge all the time.
I know that this last problem might be considered subjective, but what do you think about the leather giving in and especially the crease?
Do you think that the shoes are defective or such crease is normal?
I have to say that I have used Clarks shoes for the last 7 years and at no point I ever experienced this crease in the sole.
Please comment and thanks for any advise.

Direct link to image:

i45.photobucket.com/alb…jpg
Community Updates
MiscClarksShoes
19 Comments
Definitely return them. This shouldn't happen after 4 wears.
LindaC15

Definitely return them. This shouldn't happen after 4 wears.

Thanks Linda.
So you don't think this crease is normal?
Is your walk normal? No arch issues ??

http://i.imgur.com/7LmAU.gif
Take them back. My dad returned shoes to Clarks long after purchase and they were very helpful.
My brother has a pair of Clark shoes that split after 4 months of wear. He took them back and they exchanged them.

This happened again and again.... He's had about 6 pairs now. And everytime they say that they've never seen that happen before and give him a new pair.

He's got shoes for life.
If similar footwear you wear has the same crease then it's your feet! But from the sound of it the shoe is substandard.

Clarks are good for return in my limited experience as we took a pair of kids shoes back after a few weeks as they fell apart.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/latestaalgioco/Clarkscrease.jpg
take them back
What's that black stuff inside the shoes?
I knew somebody who put on her boots and felt an uncomforable crease or bulge in the front, but as she had a short journey left it until she got home ten minutes later.

Anyway when she shook the boots expecting to see a sock fall out a dead mouse did instead.
tsimehC

What's that black stuff inside the shoes?

No idea, I just noticed it when you asked.

Never had any problem with my feet, I'm actually quite versatile, I can wear all sort of shoes and be ok, but not these ones.

Do you think I am entitled to a refund as the shoes are defective or just an exchange?
jimmy2007

No idea, I just noticed it when you asked.Never had any problem with my … No idea, I just noticed it when you asked.Never had any problem with my feet, I'm actually quite versatile, I can wear all sort of shoes and be ok, but not these ones.Do you think I am entitled to a refund as the shoes are defective or just an exchange?

Refund as they are not fit for purpose due to either design or manufacturering fault .

Unless the outside look like you have been in a war zone, I cannot imagine Clarks making a fuss as they have a rep for comfort to maintain. I would emphasise that when I spoke/contacted them about refund.

Black looks like the shoe was sticky on the inside and has taken some loose material from your socks.
As with Marks & Spencers, Clarks have taken the cheaper route sourcing their production to China. As a result the changes has affected the quality control, and materials used in their shoes, so overall the consumer has suffered with inferior footwear. With costs massively increasing in China, more multi-national companies are reviewing their policy of manufacturing in the far east. Sadly it's too little, too late as most British companies (one's that haven't been taken over) have incompetent board directors who only examine the spreadsheet, and forget the ethos and ideology of it's previous owners. Even after massive failures (take Hornby) the board members are reluctant to bring back manufacturing back to this country, although in the case of Hornby made huge losses due to delays in production.

Manufacturing suffered greatly under Labour, as under Conservatives but maybe this government need to think carefully into further investing into production and industry. A good example would be Surgical equipment and instruments, which is mainly produced in Pakistan. Recently a television programme demonstrated the poor sanitary conditions and inferior quality of tools and instruments made in small localised factories with no clean, sterile room facilities. This country with investment could produce these high cost items for the NHS and other countries, whereby adopting the strictist controls, and so dominate the market.

Edited by: "nemesiz" 8th Dec 2012
Plum

Refund as they are not fit for purpose due to either design or … Refund as they are not fit for purpose due to either design or manufacturering fault . Unless the outside look like you have been in a war zone, I cannot imagine Clarks making a fuss as they have a rep for comfort to maintain. I would emphasise that when I spoke/contacted them about refund.Black looks like the shoe was sticky on the inside and has taken some loose material from your socks.

As I thought.
I wonder if they will give me a refund or screw me over and give me a useless voucher as all the major money grabbing companies now do.
They use their name to sell you junk and once you have spent the money they only give you vouchers, no refund as they know people will usually not sue for £50 or so.
Clarks have good customer service in my opinion, take em back to the store and show them and explain uve been a custoner for 7 years, they have the obligation to return or exchange your item. I remeber my sister worked in a posh shoe shop and her soppy customers would come back for anything minor. Just ask for an exchange because it's most likely defective pair.
I was reading reviews about a shoe i bought and the customer complained the soles sucked in water too quick, customer service told him to return it to the store for a refund or exchange. Good luck Jim.
If they refuse a refund and only allow for an exchange, get your keyboard typing to their hq give them a lovely sob story about your 7 yr loyalty and how dissapointed you're. It works most times.
I agree, definitely take them back. When I took shoes back to Clark they exchanged for another pair so I'm not sure if they will give a refund or not.
They could offer you the same shoe if they decide that one was a one off. However if you take them and the new pair do the same then it's refund time.
Clark shoes are no better than any other shoes these days, they just charge extra for the name.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants