Groups
    EXPIRED

new combi boiler

boiler broken down any body know of an good deals bit cold tonight cheers dave

8 Comments

start with screwfix.com to give you a price or if you see one you like put the name into google and see if it comes up cheaper

I would recommend going for one that fits exactly onto your existing boiler frame, i.e. inlet / outlet pipes.

Maybe even buy a new version of your current failed boiler.

Re-using the existing frame will save you a bundle on re-plumbing costs.

It will probably save you money doing that, rather than buying a cheapo new boiler with a different connector layout that needs re-plumbing.

Jav

P.S. I got an excellent deal from my local plumbers merchant (PTS in Middlesbrough) on a BAXI 133HE, huge boiler (133,000 btu's) - cost me £900 + fitting.

I suspect I might be heading for new boiler soon. Past few days, it has developed a mind of its own and seems to be ignoring the timer / clock settings - e.g staying on all night!! Opposite problem, all too hot.

However, we have been in this house for 20 yrs and it was in at least 5 yrs before we arrived (Gloworm balanced flue boiler). Never had any breakdowns in all that time. Is this a record?

Do the symptoms sound like a boiler problem?

iglimpse

I suspect I might be heading for new boiler soon. Past few days, it has … I suspect I might be heading for new boiler soon. Past few days, it has developed a mind of its own and seems to be ignoring the timer / clock settings - e.g staying on all night!! Opposite problem, all too hot.However, we have been in this house for 20 yrs and it was in at least 5 yrs before we arrived (Gloworm balanced flue boiler). Never had any breakdowns in all that time. Is this a record?Do the symptoms sound like a boiler problem?

no problem with your boiler,more than likely the time clock itself.

karlos

no problem with your boiler,more than likely the time clock itself.

I'd have to agree; likely the timer has gone or maybe the thermostat depending on the nature of the problems.

The timer we have is about 15yrs old. How easy are they to replace? :?

Brother is electrician...300 miles away! Usually talks me through changing light bulb Will I need to get someone to do it:p

Anyone care to give me ball park figure to replace timer and get it fitted

Timers cost anything from £20 to £100 depending on what it is - fitting can be anywhere in the same range depending on who does it and were you are. Sorry, not very precise but that's my experience of it.

Hi
    Got a voucher code sent from screwfix for anyone to use, every £450 spent you get £100 off just enter Grand Slam Deal in the special instruction box when ordering. This offer ends 12th Feb so hurry

Hope this helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING23
      2. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?1115
      3. Virgin Media - what is a good price?511
      4. Oneplus 5 or lg g6?11

See more discussions