Groups

New computer assistance - please!

Hi there,

I think the time has come to possible get myself a new desktop computer. The only problem, kinda outta touch with whats the latest technology and all that.

So, was wondering if anyone knew of any pre-built systems which are good value, or even if it was building from scratch, what parts i should go for?

I use computer mainly for surfing, watching films, and the odd bit of gaming. Primarily use PS3 for that, but i like to know i have a system that is capable of running current games, albeit doesn't have to be on the ultra high settings etc. Just nice to have the option to play them if chose to.

Budget probs around the £500 mark, but anything cheaper is obv a bonus, lol!

Cheers.

5 Comments

try reading one of the 167,052 threads on 'what pc should i get...'

for £500 you can get anything and it will probably suit your need.

Original Poster

Yeah, i could do that, but as you've clearly stated yourself, there are too many!

Plus, some very dated i'm sure. So, was hoping some kind person would pop on, share their knowledge of whats current, and i'd go from there.

Thanks for your input, but i'm guessing you ain't that person!

Edited by: "R0N4LD" 10th May 2011

Original Poster

Thanks for replies people, will check that out just now.

I5 2005K
    P67-GD65A
    Mushkin 4/8Gb Ram
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5450 Low Profile 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
    BitFenix Survivor Core Midi Gaming Chassis
    1TB Samsung F3
    32/64 GB SSD

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions