New cordless drill recommendations

Found 1st Jan
Hi all

I’m after a cordless drill with hammer function, able to screwdrive into timber, 2 batteries, decent torque (although it’s only for diy) and accessories if possible.

Budget £80 (ish).

Anything about? Looks like if I was actively looking around Black Friday I would have gotten a decent drill for £80.

Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments

I think lidl may have one on the 14th Jan, if it's the 20volt one they did last year it's well worth the money, you can buy 2.

Original Poster

Thanks shadey will keep an eye out for it

I'm sure the Lidl one will be good quality but the problem will be replacement batteries in the future.

If you buy a 'brand' name them you will be able to get replacement batteries for years to come - both original and cheaper copy type batteries. I'm also a DIY user and have Ryobi - but would also consider Bosch. Dewalt and Makita are trade brands which are great tools but overkill for what you need and will be well above your budget.

Something like this.....

homebase.co.uk/ryo…105
diy.com/dep…prd

May be able to find these cheaper as I did not look around for the best deal.

I have this drill. Thought I wouldn’t like the idea of only having one battery, but this one lasts ages due to its 4ah, I’ve only charged it twice in six months and built a shed with it and done other various things that require screw driver/drilling.

screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dcd776m1t-gb-18v-4-0ah-li-ion-xr-cordless-combi-drill/1544f

Alternatively if you must have two batteries (although these are much lower ah so will need charging more often)

screwfix.com/p/d…10p
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 1st Jan

Original Poster

Thanks. Think I’ll borrow the father in laws and see if anything drops another £20-30 as they did around Black Friday. At least I know I can get something decent for £100 without trying too hard.

Van197310 m ago

I'm sure the Lidl one will be good quality but the problem will be …I'm sure the Lidl one will be good quality but the problem will be replacement batteries in the future.If you buy a 'brand' name them you will be able to get replacement batteries for years to come - both original and cheaper copy type batteries. I'm also a DIY user and have Ryobi - but would also consider Bosch. Dewalt and Makita are trade brands which are great tools but overkill for what you need and will be well above your budget. Something like this.....https://www.homebase.co.uk/ryobi-18v-one-cordless-percussion-drill-2-x-2-5ah-lithium-batteries-_p382105http://www.diy.com/departments/ryobi-one-cordless-18v-1-3ah-li-ion-combi-drill-2-batteries-llcdi18022l/196738_BQ.prdMay be able to find these cheaper as I did not look around for the best deal.

I am a diy user and bought dewalt after having owned Bosch ones for years. The Bosch cordless range isn’t very good at all, battery problems are very common. Bought a dewalt 6 months ago for just over £100 and it’s great.

Van197327 m ago

I'm sure the Lidl one will be good quality but the problem will be …I'm sure the Lidl one will be good quality but the problem will be replacement batteries in the future.If you buy a 'brand' name them you will be able to get replacement batteries for years to come - both original and cheaper copy type batteries. I'm also a DIY user and have Ryobi - but would also consider Bosch. Dewalt and Makita are trade brands which are great tools but overkill for what you need and will be well above your budget. Something like this.....https://www.homebase.co.uk/ryobi-18v-one-cordless-percussion-drill-2-x-2-5ah-lithium-batteries-_p382105http://www.diy.com/departments/ryobi-one-cordless-18v-1-3ah-li-ion-combi-drill-2-batteries-llcdi18022l/196738_BQ.prdMay be able to find these cheaper as I did not look around for the best deal.

In the past I've had dewalt Bosch ryobi, the batteries cost more than buying a tool and battery from lidl. Last year I bought 7 (I think) of the lidl 20volt tools and bought spare batteries from kompernass.
I now have 11 batteries 7 chargers and 7 tools which should last a few years.

Edit, and a 3 year guarantee. Spare 3ah batteries were less than £20 delivered from Germany.
Edited by: "shadey12" 1st Jan

screwfix.com/p/e…04p

Erbauer 18v Brushless Combi 2 x 2.0Ah batteries £79.99

32965359-SSufD.jpg
Edited by: "andynicol" 1st Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions