New customer - BT

Found 17th Dec 2017
Hello all

So, BT are putting my price up, and aren't offering me anything decent as a retention deal. They are only offering to keep my £29.99 for infinity 1 broadband, whereas new customers get this price + £75 cashback + £75 BT card.

Can I therefore order in my partners name and keep the same line/number and this would be classed as a new customer? Or would I need a new line and number to do this?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
deleted1597344
If you take out a new contract in a different name then you will get a new number. To keep your number you will need to either stay with BT or move to a new provider.
Did you not get them rewards when you first signed up? They are to get new customers on board, you are obviously happy with the service thay provide, hence why your willing to stay with them if you can extract some rewards and cash back, you can not expect them to give you them incentives every year, at some point they need to be up on the deal, if you get these vouchers every year they are not going to make a profit, BT is not a charity.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 17th Dec 2017
SOUTHWALES11 m ago

Did you not get them rewards when you first signed up? They are to get new …Did you not get them rewards when you first signed up? They are to get new customers on board, you are obviously happy with the service thay provide, hence why your willing to stay with them if you can extract some rewards and cash back, you can not expect them to give you them incentives every year, at some point they need to be up on the deal, if you get these vouchers every year they are not going to make a profit, BT is not a charity.

it's a market which relies on competition - other suppliers work out a similar overall cost to the BT new customer deal so I find it incredibly hard to believe they lose money on it

pardon me for expecting some reward for customer loyalty
They are expecting that a certain percentage of customers will not renew, so it makes sense that the ones that they do keep are the ones that are paying the full price.
Ring them again , they will do a deal for loyal customers
The increase is not even 8p a day
No doubt once you change to another provider they will increase the price as well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants