New customer discount - plumbing insurance

Found 4th Mar
Hi

Does anyone know if one can leave plumbing insurance companies eg homeserve etc and then return to them as a new customer say three years later? Thanks
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
7 Comments
I can’t say for sure but I can’t see why not. Three years is a long time and I would have thought that anything from a year onwards would be fine to return as a new customer.
At Homeserve's discretion, no harm in trying, certainly no law against it.
Yes I know that sky for example let you return as a new customer as a year, and was wondering if that was generally the case with this insurance
I've been back to homeserve several times with new customer discounts , last year paid £6 for the year. I've been accepted back after a 6 month break from them for the discounted prices each time
tinkerbellian12 m ago

I've been back to homeserve several times with new customer discounts , …I've been back to homeserve several times with new customer discounts , last year paid £6 for the year. I've been accepted back after a 6 month break from them for the discounted prices each time

Thanks. Did you ever claim?
Borgia114 m ago

Thanks. Did you ever claim?

Yes, I think we have claimed each time we've had the policy . The year just ended they came twice , once to fit a new kitchen mixer tap ( ours had a leak at the base which they said wasn't fixable) . Really happy with the replacement tap , definately not the cheapest they could have got away with as I checked the prices afterwards . They also came out to unblock our bath and sink pipes which were slow running , I'd tried but nothing had cleared the pipes , and they have been fine since.

Previous times they have cleared blockages in washing machine pipe work and fixed a leaking toilet .

We also had to have our main stopcock replaced, it was a tricky job and the water company were involved as the outside water supply thingy to our street had collapsed and had to be dug out too for the work to go ahead. We used our own plumbers for that as everything had to be coordinated time wise with the plumbers and the water company , homeserve still paid for 50% of it even though we hadn't used their staff
Used it in the past then realised it was a waste of money. Water companies are far more responsible for the plumbing/drains these days, this is normally up to your meter and in the case of drains up to the nearest last point where you share a drain.

Most of the other stuff this sort of thing would cover is internal which is easy to fix yourself at relatively no cost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants