New desktop pc

Posted 17th Jun 2020
Hi,

Needing a new pc but lack even bacos conouting knowledge do building my own is out of the question, ask palicomp and they suggested the below.

palicomp.co.uk/amd…yz7

Ill just be needing it for basic business work, a little bit of photo editing (nothing major) and the main on playong football manager.

As I'm an idiot I didnt tell them my budget but its around 600/700, whats everyones thoughts on that and any changes youd make?

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
For football manager any modern PC will be fine even without a graphics card as it runs fine on all current gen integrated graphics.
If your set on going with them I would bump up to a slightly better PSU if the budget allows it. Football manager isn’t particularly graphics heavy but if you want a bit of future proofing maybe bump the GPU but again not required
Specs are fine for the tasks you require.
Thanks all, like I said I have no idea what I was needing but cheers for thr advice
Watch Linus tech tips on YouTube, he has great builder videos and specs for budget pc’s
Is the budget for the tower, or for an entire setup with monitor, keyboard & mouse?
Upgrading to 16GB RAM wouldn't hurt... Windows or Google Chrome can always find a use for idle RAM.

Don't think about converting to a 3400G with no graphics card, the RX560 2GB is a bit middle of the road but performs better than Vega 11 Integrated, avoids lopping system RAM for graphics, and the 2600 is also a better CPU, and the 2600 with RX560 also works out a tiny bit cheaper.
matth999918/06/2020 01:01

Is the budget for the tower, or for an entire setup with monitor, keyboard …Is the budget for the tower, or for an entire setup with monitor, keyboard & mouse?Upgrading to 16GB RAM wouldn't hurt... Windows or Google Chrome can always find a use for idle RAM.Don't think about converting to a 3400G with no graphics card, the RX560 2GB is a bit middle of the road but performs better than Vega 11 Integrated, avoids lopping system RAM for graphics, and the 2600 is also a better CPU, and the 2600 with RX560 also works out a tiny bit cheaper.

Thanks for feedback, budget would be just for the tower, got a new monitor a few months ago so dont need a new one.
philly_safc2918/06/2020 08:38

Thanks for feedback, budget would be just for the tower, got a new monitor …Thanks for feedback, budget would be just for the tower, got a new monitor a few months ago so dont need a new one.

That's plenty of budget just for the desktop - you wouldn't need anything high spec'ed to play football manager
Post a comment
@
    Text