Groups
    EXPIRED

New Desktop (Replace Dell Dimension 5100)

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 that I bought in 2005. It was a great HUKD at the time!
    It has a Intel Pentium 4 541 (3.2GHz) Processor. I upgraded it to 2GB RAM and put in a HD4670 6/12 ago. running XP
    I am finding it too slow these days. I now also have a DELL 24" 1080P monitor and I can't get it to play 1080P MKVs very well. Also for transcoding it runs very slow.
    I have scanned trhough the Dell site. I am keen to get an Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 processor or better. I would like to use my HD4670 or get a better GPU with the unit.

I have found my previous Dells can be difficult to upgrade to new GPUs. I don't want one that can't be upgraded. I would like reasonable gaming performance but not top end.

I don't need a monitor.

I would like blu ray, but to save money a unit that I could add a blu ray drive later?

Anyway I'm looking to spend about £750-£1000. I want it to last at least 4-5 years and have upgrade capacity.

I also have several hundred pounds worth of Tesco Clubcard points - any way to use these to buy a good PC?

Naturally I can construct a PC on the Dell website and then buy it. However any help or money saving tips on what to purchase would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be a Dell either.

Cheers in advance :-)

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1958
      2. word association Game73944530
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767358
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424414492

See more discussions