Groups
    EXPIRED

New Desktop Wanted

Banned
    Am looking on replacing childrens computer some time soon, it is old and decrepid, i know nothing about computers just know theres is old and struggles to do anything so am looking for a desktop with monitor (as that's decrepid too) children surf the net and play games like the sims2 on it, any ideas on what i need and what sort of cost im looking at, have seen some but as i have no idea what i need or whats a good price i thought i woud ask for some help, please

7 Comments

]http//co…op1

thats a rough guide

dual core cpu
    2gb ram
    250gb hard disk
    19'' monitor

then spend say another £40 and get a 7300gt or so

and u have a very decent machine to play games and whatever

for roughly £400 give or take

there are better deals as i havent looked that much and dell change thier deals every thursdays, plus keep checking hotdeals as MIKE T usually posts cracking dell deals

hope that helps

What's your budget sassie?..there aws an excellent Dell deal but not sure if its still on ..I will find you the link.

hotukdeals.com/for…ell

as I said I'm not sure it's still a deal but if it is I'd highly recommend it.

Original Poster Banned

Hi and thank you both, dont really have a budget as such, if its a fab deal then i can afford it, not really sure on the dell deals, never heard many good things about them :oops: i just know the comp we have is carp with a diddy hard drive and diddy memory and dont really think it worth spending money to upgrade it a little, so juggling with the idea of just going the whole hog and replace the lot, obviously as its for the children i dont want to spend the earth but i also dont want one that cheap that it wont run anything

the above machine i listed will run everything comfortably

sassie

Hi and thank you both, dont really have a budget as such, if its a fab … Hi and thank you both, dont really have a budget as such, if its a fab deal then i can afford it, not really sure on the dell deals, never heard many good things about them :oops: i just know the comp we have is carp with a diddy hard drive and diddy memory and dont really think it worth spending money to upgrade it a little, so juggling with the idea of just going the whole hog and replace the lot, obviously as its for the children i dont want to spend the earth but i also dont want one that cheap that it wont run anything

Not sure what bad stories you've heard about Dell but the one in our house is great...your other option is to purchase a seperate base unit and monitor from somewhere like ebuyer...please inform if you are totally against Dell and I'll suggest someit else.

I hear dell was in money problems and being probed for fraud, computer shopper latest issue. Can't find the computer shopper link so next best thing keep looking. It was a story similar to this pcpro.co.uk/sho…ers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. any meerkat codes please for this next week 21st aug11
      2. VF retentions: £14pm - 20GB, unlim mins and texts22
      3. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?22
      4. Music download67

See more discussions