Groups
    EXPIRED

New digital camera for under £200

Hi all, my dad has asked me to buy a digital camera for him and i have max spend of £200. This is to include camera , case, memory card and rechargable batteries.

So if anyone out there has recently bought a good digital camera and would like to push me in the right direction i would be very gratefull.

TY Gaffer.

15 Comments

compact or one that has a protruding lens for greater optical zoom?

I got an Canon Ixus 850 for less than £220 (have a look at my thread on here) and personally I think it's the best camera you can buy for the money (however I am a Canon fan!).

I reckon for the extra £20 it would be worth it!!!!

hotukdeals.com/for…xus

Original Poster

currychops

compact or one that has a protruding lens for greater optical zoom?

Just a compact.ty.

Original Poster

NatD

I got an Canon Ixus 850 for less than £220 (have a look at my thread on … I got an Canon Ixus 850 for less than £220 (have a look at my thread on here) and personally I think it's the best camera you can buy for the money (however I am a Canon fan!).I reckon for the extra £20 it would be worth it!!!!http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59802&highlight=canon+ixus

Cheers for the reply Nat will have a read up on it now.

thegaffer1

Hi all, my dad has asked me to buy a digital camera for him and i have … Hi all, my dad has asked me to buy a digital camera for him and i have max spend of £200. This is to include camera , case, memory card and rechargable batteries.So if anyone out there has recently bought a good digital camera and would like to push me in the right direction i would be very gratefull.TY Gaffer.

sony dsc t9 at argos(clearance) (150)
    canon ixus 60/70 are good neat buys.(150/180)
    casio z7 is a good buy too.(135)
    my personal favourite: casio exilim s770(165-190):thumbsup: .

i recommend u try the s770 in a shop before finalising any of the other purchases. got to see/feel it to love it. the pics/net do no justice

once u are done with choosing, we can move onto looking for the best deal.:w00t:

cheers.
    hope this helps.

ksrc24

once u are done with choosing, we can move onto looking for the best … once u are done with choosing, we can move onto looking for the best deal.:w00t:

That's a very good point actually.

I have always had Canon Digi camera's and found them easy to use, and just better quality than anything else.

However, I am sure other people would discagree.

Original Poster

ksrc24

sony dsc t9 at argos(clearance) (150)canon ixus 60/70 are good neat … sony dsc t9 at argos(clearance) (150)canon ixus 60/70 are good neat buys.(150/180)casio z7 is a good buy too.(135)my personal favourite: casio exilim s770(165-190):thumbsup: .i recommend u try the s770 in a shop before finalising any of the other purchases. got to see/feel it to love it. the pics/net do no justiceonce u are done with choosing, we can move onto looking for the best deal.:w00t: cheers.hope this helps.

Cheers for the list Ksrc24. Its looking like the Canon ixus 60 from amazon.

amazon.co.uk/o/A…294

thegaffer1

Cheers for the list Ksrc24. Its looking like the Canon ixus 60 from … Cheers for the list Ksrc24. Its looking like the Canon ixus 60 from amazon.http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B000EP9AJ8/ref=s9_asin_title_1/202-3789575-4461427?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1NEYYW447J275DD49ME9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=125824291&pf_rd_i=468294

neat choice...and looks like the best deal around.
    Good Luck.

And regarding the mem cards, I recommend a sandisk 2gb ultra II sd card that retails for 14.99 @ play.com.

Have just ordered a Pentax Optio A30 10MP camera. It's widely available for under £200 and also has gyroscopic shake reduction for blur free pics in low light.

I can recommend the Canon Powershot A710 IS Digital Camera which is 199 @ Jessops.com but if you look on Kelkoo.co.uk you can find it for £170 with free postage.

Original Poster

ksrc24

neat choice...and looks like the best deal around.Good Luck.And regarding … neat choice...and looks like the best deal around.Good Luck.And regarding the mem cards, I recommend a sandisk 2gb ultra II sd card that retails for 14.99 @ play.com.

I did go for the sandisk but went for the 1gb extreme III. Amazing price when you see that some high street stores are selling these exact cards for £80.

amazon.co.uk/San…8-3

Original Poster

ODonnyBoy

Why not go for this absolute … Why not go for this absolute bargainhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?p=500366:thumbsup:

I did have a look at this m8 and the only thing putting me off was it does'nt have a view finder. Seems from a view reviews the lcd screen really struggles in sunlight and with no view finder it becomes nearly impossible to see what your taking pictures of.

I also prefer to have a viewfinder as well as the LCD screen. You don't tend to get camera shake using a viewfinder, your nose becomes part of the support and your arms are closer to your body. I may be wrong but I think this is why manufacturers are adding image stabilisation, people hold cameras further away from their body when using the LCD as a viewfinder.

It's getting harder to find cameras with a viewfinder. Of the good brands I think only Canon and Sony still offer them. That is unless you're buying and SLR.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions