New Direct train service from London to Rotterdam and Amsterdam

Posted 18th JanEdited by:"Southerndealfinder"
pub.s7.exacttarget.com/pr3…d32

Just as quick as flying

Be the first to know and help save the planet by lowering your carbon footprint by 80%

seat61.com/CO2…htm

globalrailwayreview.com/new…il/
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
London - Rotterdam - Amsterdam started almost 2 years ago. But the return required a change in Brussels which is expected to be eliminated in April with a direct service on the return as well. And no, it is not as quick as flying - the flight is just over an hour while the train is 3 1/2 hours.
Edited by: "bozo007" 18th Jan
bozo00718/01/2020 19:51

London - Rotterdam - Amsterdam started almost 2 years ago. But the return …London - Rotterdam - Amsterdam started almost 2 years ago. But the return required a change in Brussels which is expected to be eliminated in April with a direct service on the return as well. And no, it is not as quick as flying - the flight is just over an hour while the train is 3 1/2 hours.

Can you arrive at an airport 5 minutes before departure now and exit 5 minutes after arrival? Total travel times between the flight and the train are comparable . The problem being is the flight is probably a third of the price.
Handy,straight to the ..ahem coffee shop
chocci18/01/2020 20:02

Can you arrive at an airport 5 minutes before departure now and exit 5 …Can you arrive at an airport 5 minutes before departure now and exit 5 minutes after arrival? Total travel times between the flight and the train are comparable . The problem being is the flight is probably a third of the price.

Also, transfer times to and from airports are a thought - off the train in Amsterdam and you're in town.
chocci18/01/2020 20:02

Can you arrive at an airport 5 minutes before departure now and exit 5 …Can you arrive at an airport 5 minutes before departure now and exit 5 minutes after arrival? Total travel times between the flight and the train are comparable . The problem being is the flight is probably a third of the price.

5 mins? When was the last time you took this train? 45 mins is recommended, even earlier during holidays.
I will be taking as much luggage and food and any drinks I like On the plane you use 5 times as much co2 in addition you have to travel to the airport.
Southerndealfinder18/01/2020 23:37

I will be taking as much luggage and food and any drinks I like On the …I will be taking as much luggage and food and any drinks I like On the plane you use 5 times as much co2 in addition you have to travel to the airport.

how do you think you get to the train station with all your bags?.
Who cares about the c02 usuage. If you are that bothered don't use go then you can save 100%.

I would say the train would be good to use and less streesfull but the plane would be cheaper by a long way
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants