Groups

New Double Bed and Mattress

Looking for a good quality one - don't mind paying too much - cost is far less important than Value For Money. Fitted 4 drawer storage underneath required. Will not buy on-line unless I can try the mattress out somewhere first. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

3 Comments

Well, the best nights sleep I had was in a hotel some years ago, this prompted me to whip the sheets off and look at the mattress. It was a memory foam Sealy mattress. So I bought one off eBay.

We got a lovely one from dreams, wasn't cheap but the only one that both my husband and me liked in the store. It's a therapur vitality and has 4 draws, but we could ask to have the top 2 as half size so the bed side tables don't get in the way.
    From memory it's sprung, with an layer of gel then a memory foam layer on top

These days there's a fairly wide variety of different styles of mattress, so you really need to try enough of them out until you have some idea of what you want. I personally found I liked either bouncy foam mattresses or very soft and well padded sprung mattresses and really detested memory foam mattresses. Other people like non-springy (memory) foam mattresses, or firm sprung mattresses, or soft-sided waterbed mattresses.

If you want suggestions with nearby shops then you'll also have to provide a rough location.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions