Groups

New driveway cost and specs

We're having someone provide a quote tomorrow for the replacement of our existing drive. We're after either a resin bound driveway or a bitumen driveway with gravel rolled on top. Does anyone had an idea of a suitable spec or cost per m2 for either of these options? Thanks in advance.

11 Comments

Be careful with them resin driveways. They are slippy as hell with ice on it. When it rains the water just lays on top of it and freezes over in Winter.
    Edited by: "Decoded" 12th May

Just tarmac it

Get the **** on the go lol

I was quoted £25m2 for tarmac last year on a job i was working on. But this was to supply and lay the base layer (90mm thick) and a top layer (25mm thick).
    The quote was for the tarmac to be laid on a ground already prepared with 6 inch thic hardcore and no edging. Expect a slighty higer quote if u want any edging, hardcore or the ground to be prepared. This will push the price to around £40m2 depending on the area involved.

Someone I work with had the imprinted resin drive done recently Im sure they stated around £50/metre inclusive of digging out and prep work

Edited by: "arachnoid" 12th May

Decoded

Be careful with them resin driveways. They are slippy as hell with ice on … Be careful with them resin driveways. They are slippy as hell with ice on it. When it rains the water just lays on top of it and freezes over in Winter.

not sure if its a similar thing but I remember years ago when my neighbout had a lovely new driveway and was sealed with a coat of something when it was wet it was very very slippy, the old lady slipped and broke her arm, they had it scrubbed off it was still pretty slippy after that.

tomdavidrichards

Just tarmac it

hmmm, I remember the last time had some cowboys come and tarmac our family house front and back when i was a kid, what a godamn mess it was; it stayed soft for months if not years and was terrible.
    Then as I got older had someone door step selling in the 90s had a good chat with the man seemed polite and courteous; being naive and accomodating at the time listening to all the cock and bull about doing a job in the area so the discount only stands for today.
    He gave me a gentlemans handshake as he called it, they started digging up the drive while I was at work without any notice, my neighbour who was a neighbourhood watch chairman ended up telling them to leave.
    Anyway needless to say they were clearly cowboys from the way they just dug up the mac and were using it as hardcore.
    They returned with a car filled with men and he threatened me if I didn't give him any money. Scared the hell out of me at the time

Edited by: "slevinkelevra" 13th May

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Let's see what we're quoted!

lets see
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?56
      2. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland66
      3. pringles movie codes22
      4. Mayweather vs Mcgregor55

See more discussions