New eBay user agreement

8 replies
Found 9th Sep 2009
Just had this through on an email........

8 Comments

Original Poster

eBay Buyer ProtectionUnder the eBay Buyer Protection Policy [v1], if we … eBay Buyer ProtectionUnder the eBay Buyer Protection Policy [v1], if we resolve a dispute in the buyer's favour, we may: remove funds from the seller's PayPal account to reimburse the buyer for the costs of both the item and original postage fee. This is in accordance with the seller's authorisation provided to us under the new User Agreement [v2] ; or, where there are insufficient funds in the seller's PayPal account or where PayPal is not the reimbursement method of the seller, directly refund the buyer for the cost of the item and the original postage cost. In this case, the seller must reimburse us in full in a timely manner for an amount equivalent to the sum we paid to the buyer.Sellers must have a reimbursement method on file with eBay at all times. The reimbursement method can be changed by contacting eBay and searching for 'Change My Reimbursement Method'. Where the seller is found at fault, we will notify them and charge the method of reimbursement they have on file.

I wonder if this will help prevent scammers, if they have to register a debit/credit card which will be charged from now on if found at fault following a Paypal dispute?

midlandscomics;6247478

I wonder if this will help prevent scammers, if they have to register a … I wonder if this will help prevent scammers, if they have to register a debit/credit card which will be charged from now on if found at fault following a Paypal dispute?

Not really, the other teams got the ball now (buyer scammers).

all people will do now is use prepay debit cards to avoid getting unfairly stiffed by ebay. Effectively what eBay are saying here is that they will have authorisation to use your cards in any way they deem fit in relation to their dispute process should a reimbursement be required.

Personally I'd avoid at all costs. Especially when the biggest scammer is eBay themselves.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6247641

, they are trying but I think this is more to do with sellers, who won't … , they are trying but I think this is more to do with sellers, who won't refund and ignore requests to put the account back in order, rather than scammers, it will lessen them having to pass stuff on to intrum justicia.

I did think that tbh Scammers will always find a way around it, but I suppose it helps them claim money back from those sellers who are just being awkward, it's worth them doing.

Shengis;6247660

Not really, the other teams got the ball now (buyer scammers).

tinkerbell28;6247669

Oh and this^^

Unless they make it compulsory to send by recorded delivery, what can they do. But by slowly making every category free delivery, more and more people are going to use the cheapest option available to them (2nd class regular) so surely this causes more fraudulent claims which in turn creates more work for PP :roll:

StevenA2000_uk;6247673

all people will do now is use prepay debit cards to avoid getting … all people will do now is use prepay debit cards to avoid getting unfairly stiffed by ebay. Effectively what eBay are saying here is that they will have authorisation to use your cards in any way they deem fit in relation to their dispute process should a reimbursement be required.Personally I'd avoid at all costs. Especially when the biggest scammer is eBay themselves.

Spot On :x

Had same mail 1 ish but not turned up in ebay messages yet?????????

Banned

massmail666;6248540

will only use ebay to buy stuff from now on.

what do you mean by that :whistling:

i stopped using ebay, charge way to much, i even h8 using paypal wee thiefs

i prefer using hukd for trades etc, i have noticed a lot more scammers on here recently,

btw what you reckon to my new avvy peeps, ( need it streched out a bit though )

dj_urban;6248665

what do you mean by that :whistling: i stopped using ebay, charge way to … what do you mean by that :whistling: i stopped using ebay, charge way to much, i even h8 using paypal wee thiefs i prefer using hukd for trades etc, i have noticed a lot more scammers on here recently, btw what you reckon to my new avvy peeps, ( need it streched out a bit though )

I reckon you should flog that Cheggers goes Pop game on the bay...LOL :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc44
    2. Do I need fabric conditioner?89
    3. Help please33
    4. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge915

See more discussions