NEW Echo Flex Alexa speaker & USB plug pre order @Amazon

Posted 2nd Oct
With the normal price of a Echo Dot being £49.99, These are going to fly out for Christmas my 19 year old asked me for one this morning for Christmas.

This is a pre order for Nov 14th.

I like this design as we've had to replace 2 of my power cords so no cords on this device plus I can charge my phone up or a console controller.

I love the design and love the introductory price.

3303508.jpg3303508.jpgFeatures & details

Make any space a little smarter: this plug-in smart speaker lets you get help from Alexa in more places in your home.

Alexa is always happy to help: manage your day and get instant information. Check weather and traffic on your way out.

Voice control your smart home: turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices.

Built-in USB port: charge your phone or add an optional third-party accessory like a nightlight or motion sensor.

Keep your family in sync: use your Alexa devices like an intercom and talk to any room in the house with Drop In and Announcements.

Designed to protect your privacy: built with multiple layers of privacy protection and control, including a Microphone Off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
Community Updates
This has been moved to Misc, so the link has gone

Link below:-

amazon.co.uk/ama…JFF

Groups

22 Comments
As long as you don't want to listen to music from it, and don't mind it likely being even more muffled due to being placed near the floor and/or hidden behind furniture.
You'd have to be a bit of a mug to pay full price for a Dot. These look like a solution in want of a problem to me.
It has a speaker attached to it
Babbabooey02/10/2019 13:38

As long as you don't want to listen to music from it, and don't mind it …As long as you don't want to listen to music from it, and don't mind it likely being even more muffled due to being placed near the floor and/or hidden behind furniture.

Alot of my plugs are at wheelchair height so not on the floor
Matzi200002/10/2019 13:48

Alot of my plugs are at wheelchair height so not on the floor

Hence the word ‘likely’
To be fair this discussion is totally weird last week this would have been a deal but apparently this week it's not
Thanks Tregs 💞
I like the night light plug in but they want another £15 for it so it makes it expensive
bobdylan02/10/2019 14:53

I like the night light plug in but they want another £15 for it so it …I like the night light plug in but they want another £15 for it so it makes it expensive

I know but I think might be on offer for bf xx
KangTC02/10/2019 13:44

You'd have to be a bit of a mug to pay full price for a Dot. These look …You'd have to be a bit of a mug to pay full price for a Dot. These look like a solution in want of a problem to me.

In the same way, there is no need to pay full price for this. I reckon Echo Dot 3rd Gen will be £19.99 for Prime members on Black Friday but Echo Flex will go to £12.49, just speculation though.
Matzi200002/10/2019 13:51

To be fair this discussion is totally weird last week this would have been …To be fair this discussion is totally weird last week this would have been a deal but apparently this week it's not

I don't think you can call something a deal if it is RRP anymore.
jamie1502/10/2019 15:16

In the same way, there is no need to pay full price for this. I reckon …In the same way, there is no need to pay full price for this. I reckon Echo Dot 3rd Gen will be £19.99 for Prime members on Black Friday but Echo Flex will go to £12.49, just speculation though.

I doubt it. They tend to only go for deep discounts on the most mass market types of Echo. They are basically giving the Dot away for £25. I don't think we will see anything much cheaper than that.
KangTC02/10/2019 16:10

I doubt it. They tend to only go for deep discounts on the most mass …I doubt it. They tend to only go for deep discounts on the most mass market types of Echo. They are basically giving the Dot away for £25. I don't think we will see anything much cheaper than that.

£19.99 for Prime members will happen for 3rd Gen, same thing happened last year for 2nd Gen. Now the 4th Gen one with clock has come out they will reduce price of previous model.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Oct
jamie1502/10/2019 16:12

£19.99 for Prime members will happen for 3rd Gen, same thing happened last …£19.99 for Prime members will happen for 3rd Gen, same thing happened last year for 2nd Gen. Now the 4th Gen one with clock has come out they will reduce price of previous model.

Bells and whistles like the clock are just a tax on idiocy. They won't become the new standard.
I'd rather have a dot with a socket mount if that's what you need. I use similar for one of my Google Home's.

38592756-Keo2J.jpg38592756-xiONL.jpg
dcx_badass02/10/2019 16:53

I'd rather have a dot with a socket mount if that's what you need. I use …I'd rather have a dot with a socket mount if that's what you need. I use similar for one of my Google Home's. [Image] [Image]

So would I - but they cost more
Edited by: "tregs" 2nd Oct
KangTC02/10/2019 16:15

Bells and whistles like the clock are just a tax on idiocy. They won't …Bells and whistles like the clock are just a tax on idiocy. They won't become the new standard.

Do you own an smart speaker? Personally I think the time would be very useful instead of asking Google for the time on my Home. One of the main reasons I bought a Home Hub, nice to see it in a cheaper package.
jamie1502/10/2019 18:44

Do you own an smart speaker? Personally I think the time would be very …Do you own an smart speaker? Personally I think the time would be very useful instead of asking Google for the time on my Home. One of the main reasons I bought a Home Hub, nice to see it in a cheaper package.

I got a Dot for £15. I wouldn't consider spending another £45 on a clock money well spent.
KangTC02/10/2019 19:04

I got a Dot for £15. I wouldn't consider spending another £45 on a clock m …I got a Dot for £15. I wouldn't consider spending another £45 on a clock money well spent.

You can't compare it to RRP, no way it will be full price for long. I would happily pay a bit extra for a clock.
jamie1502/10/2019 20:35

You can't compare it to RRP, no way it will be full price for long. I …You can't compare it to RRP, no way it will be full price for long. I would happily pay a bit extra for a clock.

My point is that it won't fluctuate in price as much as the standard Dot. These variants exist solely to milk price insensitive customers.
KangTC02/10/2019 20:43

My point is that it won't fluctuate in price as much as the standard Dot. …My point is that it won't fluctuate in price as much as the standard Dot. These variants exist solely to milk price insensitive customers.

It will fluctuate as much. It is the next gen (updated version) of the same product, it is the new standard.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants