Groups

New England Shirt????

WHAT DO WE THINK?

Umbros brand new England away shirt has been unveiled and deposed captain John Terry has been kept well away from the launch. The Chelsea star had been an important part of the shirts marketing process and was heavily featured in viral advertisements and on the Umbro official website.

Alas, in a shift away from using the Chelsea defender and his national team cohorts to launch the kit, the English sports brand instead turned to popular rock band Kasabian.

Chelsea star Terry was last week stripped of the England captaincy by Italian coach Fabio Capello after allegations surrounding his sexual indiscretions caused a media storm. The Blues defender has since been replaced by former vice-captain Rio Ferdinand, although the Manchester United centre-back is currently sidelined by suspension.

19 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.sport.co.uk/public/images_news/EnglandAwayWC002.jpg
    http://www.sport.co.uk/public/AI_EnglandAwayWC.jpg

oh look another 1966 inspired shirt

would have thought brand Beckham would be launching it to boost sales

To be honest, i dont care too much about football - i only watch it when england play and these uniforms dont effect me in the slightest. :whistling:

lol @ it looking like 66 shirt

ooooh there gonna win it there gonna win it

hmmmmmmm

Original Poster

We will lose again around the quarter final stage

Banned

shedboy66;7795313

oh look another 1966 inspired shirtwould have thought brand Beckham would … oh look another 1966 inspired shirtwould have thought brand Beckham would be launching it to boost sales

To be fair, there's not many ways to change the look of a red kit with the England crest on it:?

I like it though - simple, smart, no gimmicks.:thumbsup:

Banned

Bubble_Market;7795479

We will lose again around the quarter final stage

That makes no sense.

Leeds already knocked you out.....in the third round.....at home....

Leeds:-D

that strips horrible

Banned

jamstaruk1972;7795670

that strips horrible

Better than Scotland's World Cup shirt.

http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/images/image_not_found.jpg

shedboy66;7795313

oh look another 1966 inspired shirtwould have thought brand Beckham would … oh look another 1966 inspired shirtwould have thought brand Beckham would be launching it to boost sales

prob not allowed by his addidas sponsers or something

FilthAndFurry;7795700

lol :-D

FilthAndFurry;7795700

I do believe that Slovenia, USA and Algeria have become honorary members of the Tartan Army for this world cup... :thumbsup:

OP, not that different from the 06-07 shirt....:roll:

Kasabian were promoting it last night. Its in The Sun - page 16/17.

civms47;7795844

I do believe that Slovenia, USA and Algeria have become honorary members … I do believe that Slovenia, USA and Algeria have become honorary members of the Tartan Army for this world cup... :thumbsup:

so when they get beat by England it wont be any different than supporting scotland :-D

jamstaruk1972;7795670

that strips horrible

who do you think will beat them on penalties this time???:thumbsup:

transit;7795864

OP, not that different from the 06-07 shirt....:roll:

totally agree with you there

civms47;7795844

I do believe that Slovenia, USA and Algeria have become honorary members … I do believe that Slovenia, USA and Algeria have become honorary members of the Tartan Army for this world cup... :thumbsup:

**** man, every country in the comp bar england are honorary members :-D

not just sayin this cos im an angry english hating scot but tht shirt is nasty

micoo;7796361

**** man, every country in the comp bar england are honorary members :-D

when they got knocked out by Portugal (Ronaldo winker incident) never seen celebrations like it in Glasgow was a great day/night

shedboy66;7796514

when they got knocked out by Portugal (Ronaldo winker incident) never … when they got knocked out by Portugal (Ronaldo winker incident) never seen celebrations like it in Glasgow was a great day/night

That was a great night, I joined in the celebrations until some drunken weegie, grabbed me by the neck and said
    Him " Yer not english ars yoose"
    Me " erm umm er yes"
    Him "Where from?"
    Me "West Yorkshire"
    Him "Thats areet sonny yer scum like me, let me buy you a rum and pep"

Thus followed my introduction to a night out glasgow style, what a night what a hangover.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …90158
      2. Dr Who ..............CARE this thread may contain Spoilers.54839
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?34209
      4. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1213

See more discussions