Groups

New fake £5 in circulation already

Asda till workers have received notice that the new rubber £5 have already been faked and they should look out for them. The ones made so far are easy to spot as they dont have the London building on them and I think it was something to do with the metal in them. Shame I am in bed now or could look in my purse and tell you exactly but common sense prevails. Now you know there are fakes around you can keep an eye out.

26 Comments

I'd gladly give £1.50 for each, £2 for the decent ones

Banned

''The Bank of England said the new fiver was ‘impossible’ to copy''

MrScotchBonnet

''The Bank of England said the new fiver was ‘impossible’ to copy''

This appears to be correct, seeing as the "fakes" have differences.

Banned

EstorilBlue

This appears to be correct, seeing as the "fakes" have differences.

It's only been out a couple months, be interesting to see if that statement stands the test of time, hope it does!

I suggest anyone who thinks the new note is made of rubber and has "a London building on it " deserves all the dodgy fivers that come their way . The correct one is made of polymer and has Big Ben on it (amongst a lot of other things).
    Edited by: "rogparki" 13th Dec 2016

rogparki

I suggest anyone who thinks the new note is made of rubber and has "a … I suggest anyone who thinks the new note is made of rubber and has "a London building on it " deserves all the dodgy fivers that come their way . The correct one is made of polymer and has Big Ben on it (amongst a lot of other things).

Don't forget the animal fat. We mustn't forget the animal fat. (_;)

the problem is I wouldn't know which was fake from real as I don't use cash. I've never seen a new fiver yet.

Aiden1512

I wouldn't know about that , I've never eaten one oO

Original Poster

Big Ben is a London building, I just couldnt remember the details as I suffer from CFS and Fibro, no need to be mean. I dont deserve any my way I was just letting other people know, sorry cant be as perfect as you appear to be.

Aiden1512

rogparki

I wouldn't know about that , I've never eaten one oO

You're missing out. Makes for a cheap meal.

brendanhickey

the problem is I wouldn't know which was fake from real as I don't use … the problem is I wouldn't know which was fake from real as I don't use cash. I've never seen a new fiver yet.

If you get one just send it to me , I'll tell you if its real or fake X)

Why forge the new one when you can still forge the old one in circulation ?

Original Poster

coathanger

Why forge the new one when you can still forge the old one in circulation … Why forge the new one when you can still forge the old one in circulation ?

Probably because the old one is being withdrawn and wont be around very soon.

coathanger

Why forge the new one when you can still forge the old one in circulation … Why forge the new one when you can still forge the old one in circulation ?

Precisely because its new , many folk have not yet got used to it so are more likely to accept fakes, possibly even pretty poor fakes .
    Edited by: "rogparki" 14th Dec 2016

Someone tried to pass me a dodgy one today , had a portrait of Jane Austen next to Big Ben ! They must have thought I was born yesterday - told them exactly what they could do with it (_;)

rogparki

I suggest anyone who thinks the new note is made of rubber and has "a … I suggest anyone who thinks the new note is made of rubber and has "a London building on it " deserves all the dodgy fivers that come their way . The correct one is made of polymer and has Big Ben on it (amongst a lot of other things).

I suggest anyone that thinks Big Ben is on the new note deserves all the dodgy fivers that comes their way as well.

Big Ben is a nickname for the bell inside the Elizabeth Tower, which is actually the 'London building' that is featured on the note.

If you are going to pick on someone - at least get it right!

Edited by: "ThePasty" 14th Dec 2016

ThePasty

I suggest anyone that thinks Big Ben is on the new note deserves all the … I suggest anyone that thinks Big Ben is on the new note deserves all the dodgy fivers that comes their way as well. Big Ben is a nickname for the bell inside the Elizabeth Tower, which is actually the 'London building' that is featured on the note. If you are going to pick on someone - at least get it right!

I think we are all aware of that X) Do you know "Spurs" are actually Tottenham Hotspur and "The Gunners" are actually Arsenal etc etc

if the bank of england can make them whats stopping anyone else making them ?

rogparki

Someone tried to pass me a dodgy one today , had a portrait of Jane … Someone tried to pass me a dodgy one today , had a portrait of Jane Austen next to Big Ben ! They must have thought I was born yesterday - told them exactly what they could do with it (_;)

Lol shame. Next time u get one send it my way will give you £10 for it haha.

jymufc

if the bank of england can make them whats stopping anyone else making … if the bank of england can make them whats stopping anyone else making them ?

Special printing machines sold only to mints and polymers with a chemical composition only available to the mint. However a crude copy could be made.

rogparki

​Just checked mine and it is '... a London building...' that being the Elizabeth Tower

--- I see that was already mentioned, so in regards to the Spurs/Tottenham thing; personally Big Ben Tower makes more sense as a nickname for Clock Tower / Elizabeth Tower ---
    Edited by: "HyperTurtle" 14th Dec 2016

Probably more fakes in circulation then real ones, as all the real ones are on eBay with stupidly high buy it now.

rogparki

Nobody likes a smart ass. X)

Do people still use cash

so all these "old" fivers that I'm hoarding under the bed are OK ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions