New fan assisted gas cooker

Found 28th Dec 2017
Hi all, recently got a new cooker, and not had one with fan assistance before.

I'm unsure to wether the cooker has a problem or not.

1) the grill/topoven, when on, pushes out a really strong flow of air when cooking, you easily feel the air 5 or more so feet away. This also heats the whole kitchen pretty quickly. The dial controls the flames ok, but the fan seems to remain on full pelt.

2) when having both grill/topoven and the main lower oven on, the fan increases speed or a second one comes on?, and the cooker vibrates. This makes the support bars for the top burners what the pans sit on, rattle loudly. Moving them or putting weight on them stops the secondary loud rattling noise, but the fan is still loud and i can feel the vibration through the cooker.

Using the ovens grill separately doesn't cause the rattle, though problem 1 with the air flow on the grill remains.

If anyone has a similar cooker, can you tell me if this is normal or should i get it looked at.

Cheers. Cowsindahouse
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I have a fan oven and top oven/grill does release hot air but not as strong as yours also I have no vibration so maybe need fan checked out
Thanks, it didn't seem normal to me. I'll get it looked at.

Cheers
Bandicoot2 m ago

I have a fan oven and top oven/grill does release hot air but not as …I have a fan oven and top oven/grill does release hot air but not as strong as yours also I have no vibration so maybe need fan checked out

It’s maybe just the fan that’s a bit loose
cowsindahouse2 m ago

Thanks, it didn't seem normal to me. I'll get it looked at.Cheers

Sounds like they may have fitted the fan blades from a jet engine by mistake......get it checked out doesn’t seem right.
Enter the model code and the word "problems" in to google. See what pops up. Seems a bit exessive to me but ours used to blow a fair bit, not enough to concern us though.
4TheMenyNotTheFew11 m ago

Enter the model code and the word "problems" in to google. See what pops …Enter the model code and the word "problems" in to google. See what pops up. Seems a bit exessive to me but ours used to blow a fair bit, not enough to concern us though.

Cheers, can't see anything about rattling in comments or anything. Can't find much info atm though.

The model is HAGL60P
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants