Found 21st Sep 2008
Hi, i was wondering if anybody new any detaild about Fifa 09 that were not around on Fifa 08 also.... does anybody know if you will be able to take a picture on your face using a vision cam and be able to place it on a player (Or is there any games that you can do this on)

Thanks for the help

This on on Xbox 360 BTW.... thanks

1. Misc
  2. FIFA
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. FIFA
16 Comments

Banned

Demo available to download on XBL....graphically its awesome, but not sure on gameplay

Original Poster

I no the demo is great :thumbsup: but do you no anything about the vision cam business thanks

while flicking through the xbox magazines in morrisons today cam accross an article saying the new fifa will update the players stats and attributes as the season progresses. The example they gave was that if ronaldhino has a blinder at the wknd then his stats etc will be reflected in the updates. Sounds an interesting prospect.

Original Poster

ants97;3018854

while flicking through the xbox magazines in morrisons today cam accross … while flicking through the xbox magazines in morrisons today cam accross an article saying the new fifa will update the players stats and attributes as the season progresses. The example they gave was that if ronaldhino has a blinder at the wknd then his stats etc will be reflected in the updates. Sounds an interesting prospect.

Wow that sounds well good :)... any news on the vision cam? ( you can obviously tell i am desperate to find this out lol)

pro evo all the way

Original Poster

MarzBarz;3018874

pro evo all the way

Thats what i used to think until i played the Fifa 09 demo lol

ants97;3018854

while flicking through the xbox magazines in morrisons today cam accross … while flicking through the xbox magazines in morrisons today cam accross an article saying the new fifa will update the players stats and attributes as the season progresses. The example they gave was that if ronaldhino has a blinder at the wknd then his stats etc will be reflected in the updates. Sounds an interesting prospect.

You will have to pay for this feature

I like the idea but not if it comes at a price
And no info on the Cam feature dont know where you heard that :giggle:

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]Improvements[/SIZE][/FONT]

It has been stated in an interview with David Rutter, the Line Producer of the game, that there are over 250 improvements on the game.[6]

Among the improvements in the new FIFA are improved responsiveness that allows for quicker release of the ball, greater urgency in the off-the-ball running, a new jostle system that takes into account the strength of the players when going shoulder to shoulder and subtle animations that enable players to take first-time shots.

Another of the 09 edition's biggest changes is a completely revamped collision system, which calculates speed, weight and power when the players collide, as each player will have their own individual strength and power statistics depending on their body characteristics. These characteristics will be depicted as is in real life.

New goalkeeper technology with goalkeepers having better positioning, better reactions to saves and faster recovery after a save has been made.

Another improvement from FIFA 08 is the weather and time. Rain and snow can be switched on and off before games, which affects whether players wear gloves and have their socks left high up their legs. Games can be played during daytime, night and dusk, however in the latest installment the game eventually turns to night as the second half starts.

Also, if a player is substituted during half time, then the player is seen warming up and running on to the pitch. However if a substitution is made during play, then the players are seen approaching each other. The score of the game has an effect on this, if a player has scored then he waves to the fans before being substituted, however some players react badly to being substituted, and captains throw their armband to the ground. Captains have more of an effect in this team. The player is advised to choose a squad member who has good captain qualities, for example leadership. Captains are seen in most of the cut scenes arguing to the referee or encouraging his teammates.

FIFA 09 will also include a '10 vs. 10' Be A Pro online game and the offline Be A Pro Mode will last for 4 seasons.

FIFA 09 will also feature user-controlled player celebrations, like in UEFA Euro 2008, for the first time.[7]

[edit] Adidas Live Season

On August 20, EA unveiled the new Adidas Live Season feature that will dynamically update player form and attributes in-game based on the player's last game to reflect real-world ups and downs. Live Season is a premium service that will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC and covers six leagues--Barclay’s Premier League, La Liga BBVA, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and Mexican Primera Division. Though the full version will cost subscribers a currently-undisclosed fee, EA stated that gamers will have access to one league of their choice as a free trial that is set to run from the moment they activate the service to the end of the 2008-2009 season. If gamers choose, they can unsubscribe from the service at any time and reset players' form to default status.

[edit] FIFA 09 "Clubs"

On September 10, EA unveiled the new online game mode for consoles Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, called FIFA 09 "Clubs". Through FIFA 09 Clubs, gamers can form or join clubs and field their strongest team when competing in Be A Pro: 10 v 10 Online Team Play.

FIFA 09 Clubs will also determine the best virtual team in the world. Clubs will be ranked and placed in a division. They will be relegated and promoted to different divisions based on their performance during the season. FIFA 09 Clubs will also feature special Club Managers to scout rival players and then recruit them to join their club.

Original Poster

Wow thanks geoneo123 rep left for the long answer... u no any info on the vision cam thing or games on which u can do the vision cam thing thatks

Reaney24;3018911

Wow thanks geoneo123 rep left for the long answer... u no any info on the … Wow thanks geoneo123 rep left for the long answer... u no any info on the vision cam thing or games on which u can do the vision cam thing thatks

Just found the info on-line mate, Cheers for the REP

But cannot find anything of the Xbox Live Camera

Where did you hear about this?

Original Poster

geoneo123;3018946

Just found the info on-line mate, Cheers for the REPBut cannot find … Just found the info on-line mate, Cheers for the REPBut cannot find anything of the Xbox Live Camera Where did you hear about this?

I didnt lol... i thought that it would have just been a mint addition to the game and wondered if there were any other game that did this (i just thought that it would be a great idea to have your head on a players body)

I remember owning an Arsenal Football gamea few years - Loads of other teams were available as well

The best feature on that was the commentator saying the name of your customized player which was myself

This was great and it would be nice the see it again

ah well ballsed if i'd pay for that service. pity. cheers geoneo.

looks as if I may be sticking with pro evo but only if they fix the god awful online play.

u can put ur face on a player on tiger woods 08 (dont know about the new one)

ants97;3019191

ah well ballsed if i'd pay for that service. pity. cheers geoneo. looks … ah well ballsed if i'd pay for that service. pity. cheers geoneo. looks as if I may be sticking with pro evo but only if they fix the god awful online play.

You don't have to pay for that service. You get it free until the end of the season for one league of your choice e.g Premier League, Serie A, Primera Liga etc. If you wish to get this function for more than one league then you will need to pay a subscription.

yeah for one league until the end of the 08-09 season and you have to pay to get anymore leagues and then what about the following seaon up unitl the new one comes out so for that reason i'm out.

Hi, i was wondering if anybody new any detaild about Fifa 09 that were … Hi, i was wondering if anybody new any detaild about Fifa 09 that were not around on Fifa 08 also.... does anybody know if you will be able to take a picture on your face using a vision cam and be able to place it on a player (Or is there any games that you can do this on)

Pes 2008 and tiger 09 have it and tbh its rubbish you just end up looking weird - nothing like you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition65707
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions