New Firmware for S4 mini?

Found 26th Sep 2017
I have a S4 mini, I like it because of the size, but I am really darn upset that Samsung have left it on android KitKat. Does anyone know where I can get a clean later firmware for it.
Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

If you feel adventurous. There's lineage OS. Currently has the phone on Nougat (7.x)

Install a custom like Lineage OS just as rev6 suggests Samsung stopped supporting the S4 mini long ago and most phone manufacturers only support 2 updates at the most. Also custom roms are a lot lighter on system resources than stock roms.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 27th Sep 2017

Original Poster

Thank you people. I'm not a " techy " when it comes to doing these things but have installed os on computers updated firmware on phones and routers, so can I assume that it will be along the same lines doing this.

st8mike57 m ago

Thank you people. I'm not a " techy " when it comes to doing these things …Thank you people. I'm not a " techy " when it comes to doing these things but have installed os on computers updated firmware on phones and routers, so can I assume that it will be along the same lines doing this.

This is a link to the official instructions from the linage website

wiki.lineageos.org/dev…all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions