Found 15th Oct 2016
I've heard so many People mentioning that the new £5 notes are worth more than that. How do I find out which ones are worth more? Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
32 Comments

They're worth £5 however if you make an interesting ebay listing stupid people will pay stupid money.

I'd try googling something along the lines of 'which five pound notes are valuable'.

If the number on the note starts AA01 they could be worth about £40 average, if the number after the AA01 is a small number, the more it will be worth.

AA01 00000100 for example would probably be worth £500+

AA01 57963558 would probably be nearer the £40 mark.

Lucky numbers or nice patterns may be worth more to the right person as well.

Original Poster

craigstephens

I'd try googling something along the lines of 'which five pound notes are … I'd try googling something along the lines of 'which five pound notes are valuable'.

I have but there are millions of sites saying different things and I'm getting confused! x

Robj1

If the number on the note starts AA01 they could be worth about £40 … If the number on the note starts AA01 they could be worth about £40 average, if the number after the AA01 is a small number, the more it will be worth. AA01 00000100 for example would probably be worth £500+AA01 57963558 would probably be nearer the £40 mark. Lucky numbers or nice patterns may be worth more to the right person as well.

Thing is though, collectables are only collectable because people at the time didnt think that one day they would become worth some money

so in 50 years time, youll have tens of thousands of people all holding on to the same "rare £5" note, thus making the market saturated!

Pretty much only AA00 serials are worth more (up to AA08 are worth fractionally more but hardly worth selling, same as AK47), as they are attractive to collectors. People try and get silly amounts of money for any old serials but they don't sell of course.

take the last 6 numbers, dial the number, ask the person who answers if they want to buy it.

AA01 not 00... Oops

Lol. I only have one. It has an AA07 serial number and I had no idea if it was a 'rare' note either! Was too scared to spend it in case it was!

chuckiedoll

Lol. I only have one. It has an AA07 serial number and I had no idea if … Lol. I only have one. It has an AA07 serial number and I had no idea if it was a 'rare' note either! Was too scared to spend it in case it was!

​If you have any doubts, just put it on ebay, starting at a fiver, at let the public decide, you might make a couple of quid, but don't expect much more.

Robj1

​If you have any doubts, just put it on ebay, starting at a fiver, at let … ​If you have any doubts, just put it on ebay, starting at a fiver, at let the public decide, you might make a couple of quid, but don't expect much more.

It's ok. Would keep for myself anyway as they seem to be taking ages to roll out!

Someone said the new ones are supposed to last longer. .......took one into the supermarket today and I spent it within minutes. ......bloody liars.

I love the way ebay sellers are describing them as "uncirculated". If they weren't circulated then how did they get their hands on them ?

Check item 142139462746

That bloke did well X)

tallpete33

I love the way ebay sellers are describing them as "uncirculated". If … I love the way ebay sellers are describing them as "uncirculated". If they weren't circulated then how did they get their hands on them ?

westminstercollection.com/

Always get bods on shpock/gumtree putting creased, late serials on for sale at £100-200, might get some mug bite who doesn't know better I guess... A fool and his money and all that.

chuckiedoll

Lol. I only have one. It has an AA07 serial number and I had no idea if … Lol. I only have one. It has an AA07 serial number and I had no idea if it was a 'rare' note either! Was too scared to spend it in case it was!

Well technically they are all 'rare' as there is only one of each serial!

tallpete33

I love the way ebay sellers are describing them as "uncirculated". If … I love the way ebay sellers are describing them as "uncirculated". If they weren't circulated then how did they get their hands on them ?

If they got it straight from the bank and it was one of the new batch you are the first person to get it and therefore it's not been in circulation as yet. One guy got £150 worth of AA01s from the bank.

Seems AK47 are in demand?

for every prefix there are 999999 notes, so none of them are rare

An AK47 just sold on ebay for £38. Bit nuts if you ask me.

222280612805 eBay item number, this is a curly design fiver very rare apparently

it's plastic and she ironed it, so it shrunk, hence the 'curly design'

msjames

222280612805 eBay item number, this is a curly design fiver very rare … 222280612805 eBay item number, this is a curly design fiver very rare apparently

She is having a laugh with her other "very rare" items too X)

What was the last old design fiver batch number? Will keep eye out for these

Just get over it and move on with your life

This is what the newspapers said was worth a fortune last month

ebay.co.uk/itm…756

RiverDragon8

Your answer is here … Your answer is here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-3800459/Got-new-Churchill-fiver-Check-serial-number-AA01.html

Goes to check the two I've got yesterday. Comes back deflated. Probs zero chance over here anyhow as dear knows how many hands they passed across before getting into circulation in N.Ireland.

In theory they are all rare as no serial number is repeated. I can not wait for the people paying more than £5 to realise what an idiot they have been especially the AK47 ones that will be worth about £5 give or take in years to come. the only issue we all have is this will happen all over again with £10 and £20 notes when they are rolled out. The stupidity of the human race is demoralising

cecilmcroberts

Goes to check the two I've got yesterday. Comes back deflated. Probs zero … Goes to check the two I've got yesterday. Comes back deflated. Probs zero chance over here anyhow as dear knows how many hands they passed across before getting into circulation in N.Ireland.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

RiverDragon8

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3858378/Man-sold-new-5-note-80-000-eBay-trolled-winner.html

Lol classic.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769614
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3474
    3. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz911
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314663

See more discussions