Groups
    EXPIRED

New Ford Fiesta - Anyone had any problems

Only had my fiesta since August and just noticed the seals around the windows have started to come off from the bottom and is on both the passenger and driver side and roughly the same amount has come away. Also the inner seal around the door panel isnt all glued on not sure if its only suppose to be stuck down in certain places.

Anyone else had this problem

Not sure if its a fault with the model as seems strange for both doors to have the same issue but cannot find much on the internet regarding it

12 Comments

I have the older style Fiesta on a 2008 plate, and have a similar problem, the window seal around the top of passenger door has come away a bit, and sometimes stops the window from closing properly.

Im sure its easily fixed if you take it to a ford dealer.

Apart from that, I found the fiesta a tidy little car and very economic on the motorway..... plus £35 for a years road tax makes a nice change from the cars i used to own

Recent cold weather and poor factory bonding equals this problem, coupled with the door seals freezing to the door inner frame and getting pulled when opened.. (ie Ripped off)

Its common on the bottom part of the seal on the rear doors on the Focus from around 2005.

Get it back to the dealer under warranty for them to fix.

Rick

Edited by: "RickT" 13th Dec 2010

Banned

Fix
    Or
    Repair
    Daily

It's what it stands for you know.

Original Poster

Cheers
    Going to phone my local dealer tomorrow morning and see if I can get it booked in and get it sorted

Agree with you about being a tidy car and nice drive as I when I got it I was choosing also between a Alfa Romeo Mito and Seat Ibiza but ended going for the Fiesta as seemed to get more for your money and a good finish to the car apart from this now lol

lumoruk

FixOr RepairDailyIt's what it stands for you know.

lmao, to be fair I've done 20k over the last 10 months and had no problems so far, apart from the window seal which is a minor thing.
    Im looking to p/x it soon, and would happily get another fiesta... cheap motoring is good and makes a nice change for me
    Edited by: "bigflump" 13th Dec 2010

Banned

130k miles on my VW golf, 1996 erm I've replaced the starter motor cost me £50

oh and it had 41k on it when I bought it off my sis, 8yrs ago.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 14th Dec 2010

Golfs go on forever, my mates wife has one the same... 140k and still going strong. I think the only thing shes ever replaced is the tyres

bigflump

Golfs go on forever, my mates wife has one the same... 140k and still … Golfs go on forever, my mates wife has one the same... 140k and still going strong. I think the only thing shes ever replaced is the tyres

It depends which version it was and which engine...

don't you people have yours brake pads and servicing done? you make it sound like cars are cheap to run.

Original Poster

Just got it booked in at my local dealer for 9am Friday so hopefully get it sorted quickly and not be without my car for long

I presume this is fixed under warrenty with it being under 12 months or is it only certain things they cover, not sure as this is my first car lol

Banned

Niz

don't you people have yours brake pads and servicing done? you make it … don't you people have yours brake pads and servicing done? you make it sound like cars are cheap to run.

I do the servicing myself now, not worth it for a stamp in my book. It's about £50 for the oil, filters and sparks. I use engine braking and have only had one set of new pads fitted since new. Got a local mechanic to do it for £50 four years ago.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 14th Dec 2010

NFS

Just got it booked in at my local dealer for 9am Friday so hopefully get … Just got it booked in at my local dealer for 9am Friday so hopefully get it sorted quickly and not be without my car for longI presume this is fixed under warrenty with it being under 12 months or is it only certain things they cover, not sure as this is my first car lol

As its under 12 months old I'd insist that they fix it for free... im not sure if the warranty covers the job... but hey its a virtually new car and it shouldnt of happened.
    I don't think it'll take long for them to fix, so they'll probably do it while you wait

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941350
    2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1024
    3. One for the mathmeticians1118
    4. Free Codes from EGX55

See more discussions