Expired

New Forest walks in Burley? expired - we've left now

2 replies
Found 16th Apr 2008
hi all,

we were gonna take my dog for a walk in the new forest today, make a day of it and that, but weren't sure where would be best to walk. my dad says burley is nice, but i haven't found any maps or mention of marked walks in the area, has anyone been there before? we are looking for a path or something we can follow without getting lost...

alternatively, can anyone recommend a good place to walk a dog in the new forest, preferably as close to portsmouth as possible (i know it's at least 30 miles or so though). we are looking for a place where we can let the dog off the lead.

any help would be appreciated and, for those that care, repped.

thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
2 Comments

Original Poster

ok i didn't expect many replies, we're leaving now so i'll expire the thread. thanks to anyone who looked!
edit: i'm not powerful enough to expire my own thread, i shall rename...

How about Highcliffe castle - not sure if you can let the dog off tho but its quite nice up there
Burley is nice - just follow one of the many signposts for footpaths - again not sure about letting the dog off but if you go on the M27 and follow the road through to Burley theres plenty of wide open spaces you could stop and walk the dog
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien628
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811
    3. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet68
    4. amazon echo idiots guide69

See more discussions